Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Last Activity
    03-22-2024 09:49 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2,088 Times
    Was Thanked 1,538 Times in 442 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 16,633 Times
    Blog Entries

Default How can we still loose weight when we are allowed to eat everything normally?

This question was asked in our FAQ, as I have not been sleeved, I am turning to the community for an answer that I will put in the FAQ:

How can we still loose weight when we are allowed to eat everything normally?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Last Activity
    03-12-2014 01:32 AM
    Said "Thanks" 68 Times
    Was Thanked 80 Times in 40 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 40 Times

That's a good question. Everyone has slightly different advice from their dietitian and the recommended calorie intake will vary according to your personal circumstances. For example, to lose weight, my target calorie range is 1800 - 2140 per day. I eat 7 times per day - 3 meals and 4 snacks. (all normal foods). Because the stomach is so small, you can enjoy "normal" foods but in much smaller quantities. The quantity is greatly reduced so the calorie intake is greatly reduced. As a general rule we still have to eat "good" food, in fact it becomes more important to plan the right foods because of the limited capacity. When you're full, you're full, you can't just shove some salad in on top. The most telling answer to "how can we still lose weight" is when you compare the amount of food on your plate, with everyone else in the family. I can no longer imagine how they all eat so much. Hope this helps.

cheers
    VSG: Good Decision, Good Health, Good Result, No Regrets.

4. Said thanks: