Surgeon
    Dr. Camacho
    Last Activity
    09-13-2017 03:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 68 Times
    Was Thanked 116 Times in 65 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 356 Times

Default Re: 40G of protein! Not Bad

Oh hell yes, I was on a diet. Started Sept. 2010.

In total I loss over 80 w/o surgery.

I've never had a problem losing the weight, I just have the tendency to loose my damn mind and then gain it all back. If it takes 8 months to lose it - it's takes 8 months to regain it. Sounds familiar w/ anyone?

All time highest weight: 377 lbs.
    Sleeved (with some minor complications) June 13th 2011 - I weighed 295 lbs!
    Since my surgery I have loss: 85lbs

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Cheryl
    Surgery date
    04/27/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-14-2017 01:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 216 Times
    Was Thanked 374 Times in 244 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 291 Times

I use GNC Pro Performance LowCarb Low Fat protein 40g protein, 1g Fat, 1g carbs per serving.

Chocolate is my fav, I have it for breakfast every morning!
    Straight forward. Straight facts. Whether you like the truth or not... I'm not made of sugar coating

Check out my blog at Chronicles of a Lifetime Dieter

GOAL REACHED!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    07-11-2011 08:36 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by nxt2nic View Post
    Does anyone know how high the protein should be ??? I got powder with 52 grams is this
    To much ???
    males dont assimilate much more than 40 grams at one setting, females 30-35, so i would break tht serving up alil bit.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ToDream View Post
    I use GNC Pro Performance LowCarb Low Fat protein 40g protein, 1g Fat, 1g carbs per serving.

Chocolate is my fav, I have it for breakfast every morning!
    how much do u pay for that i may have a powder tht is much cheaper and tastes pretty good on my website

Name
    Cheryl
    Surgery date
    04/27/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 216 Times

We get it locally... 2 big tubs of it for $40 cdn... its buy one get one free. I think that price is pretty great!
    Straight forward. Straight facts. Whether you like the truth or not... I'm not made of sugar coating

GOAL REACHED!!

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member sqezybabe's Avatar
    Name
    Mandy
    Surgery date
    04/11/2011
    Surgeon
    Miss Chang
    Last Activity
    08-03-2016 11:51 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 50 Times in 19 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 13 Times

I can't understand why you all use protein shakes!!!

When i first had my sleeve done, i live on nothing more then 3 milkshakes a day (the kind alreally made up for you, in small bottles) and that was for the first 3 weeks...Then i started to have 3 small yougurts a day (weight-watchers)...Now i drink water 1.5l of water a day...Breakfast 1 small yoghurt, but only eat half...Lunch low calorie soup (small tin or handmade) and Dinner if i'm hungry i eat small piece of fish and that's it. The only other stuff i take is multi-vitaims and just the tabs the doctor prescipted. My doctor did say to me tho, is only eat when hungry and don't keep weighting yourself but i find it helps me to weight myself every couple of days...

The only thing i need to do now is...go to the gym, and swim more!
    I SUPPOSE WHAT EVER WORKS FOR YOU THEN STICK TO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

you gotta have the protein to help maintain muscle mass and help maintain your hair

Name
    Cheryl
    Surgery date
    04/27/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 216 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sqezybabe View Post
    I can't understand why you all use protein shakes!!!

When i first had my sleeve done, i live on nothing more then 3 milkshakes a day (the kind alreally made up for you, in small bottles) and that was for the first 3 weeks...Then i started to have 3 small yougurts a day (weight-watchers)...Now i drink water 1.5l of water a day...Breakfast 1 small yoghurt, but only eat half...Lunch low calorie soup (small tin or handmade) and Dinner if i'm hungry i eat small piece of fish and that's it. The only other stuff i take is multi-vitaims and just the tabs the doctor prescipted. My doctor did say to me tho, is only eat when hungry and don't keep weighting yourself but i find it helps me to weight myself every couple of days...
    That's not very many calories in a day and very little protein. Are you even getting 500? Your body WILL cannibalize your muscles for energy if it needs to and with that little amount of calories and protein, I'd hazard a guess that your lean muscle is being depleted.

GOAL REACHED!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    07-03-2012 04:12 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Pre- operation diet is important to reduce the fat levels in the surgical areas and increase the surgical safety. The diet should consists of Protein supplements and protein powder, yogurt, oatmeal, eggs, lean meats or fish, fruits and vegetables, avoid fatty food, high carb, high sugar content food.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Her Moojesty
    Surgery date
    11/14/2011
    Surgeon
    Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    06-24-2012 08:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

Puritans Pride on-line vitamin company sells good quality isolate whey protein in big 2 lb. bottles cheap. It is buy one get one, buy two get three free, and buy four get five free, etc. It has 30 grams protein per scoop. It tastes a little bit better than the powders I got at the health food store, and it is really a lot less expensive. It's $5 shipping no matter how much you buy. I spent like $90 and got 7 huge bottles of Chocolate flavor. I add some flavored syrup, my fav is the English Toffee, either that or a spoon full of peanut butter makes it taste almost really good. Be sure to get B12 too, your body can't make any more because it is created in the stomach, and that is gone now. I drink a scoop twice a day, in skim milk, 4 oz., and that totals 68 grams of protein right there. Add some chicken or something and you are getting enough. Don't skimp on the protein or your hair will fall out.
    Her Moojesty

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    02-16-2012 02:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 86 Times
    Was Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 23 Times

I am getting sleeved 2/8/12 so I'm in the same boat and trying to plan ahead. I've been doing a pre surgery diet of 2 protein shakes and one lean and green meal usually 3 oz of chicken and a cup green veggies, I've lost 33 lbs. in 5 weeks.

My favorite protein drinks are Unjury Chocolate Splendor, Unjury Strawberry Sorbet, Nectar Roadhouse Lemonade, Nectar Twisted cherry. I have ordered Nectar apple and Nectar grapefruit as well, I'll let you know how it tastes in a few days.

I'm also planning to get some sugar free popsicles for the first few days after surgery.

I have about a 2 month supply of protein powders, I'm afraid to stock up any more than that as I have heard your taste sometimes changes after surgery.

Good Luck

Gastric Sleeve Member Dee Leshuz's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times
    Was Thanked 579 Times in 506 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 165 Times

I am being sleeved sometime in late Feb/March and I have bought: Premium protein shakes, a tub of chocolate Splendor and Chicken Bouillion, 3 boxes of regular Jell-O (Sugar free Jell-O/popsicles make me wanna hurl but, oddly, the sugar free premade puddings are ok) 3 cans creamed soup; closer to my surgery I will buy one smaller container of Greek yogurt and 2% cottage cheese. I hope that's not too much as I have the same concerns about tastes changing after surgery...I also have some shake mixes made from egg whites that are part of a sampler I bought...
    Starting weight: 255
    Pre-op weight: 228
    Surgery date: 3/14/2012

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Her Moojesty
    Surgery date
    11/14/2011
    Surgeon
    Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    06-24-2012 08:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Sabrina,
    You are so right about your "tastes" changing post operatively. I drank so much protein powder BEFORE I was sleeved, and I absolutely loved it. I looked forward to having it every morning. Now, however, being about 2 1/2 months out, I can't stand the stuff. It makes me dry heave and I have so much trouble finishing it. I'm referring to the chocolate flavored powder that I mix with skim milk. Occasionally I have to switch to Vanilla, and sometimes I will have the Nectar Fuzzy Navel for a change. Problem is, the chocolate I buy from Puritan's Pride vitamin company is sooo much less money, it is as good or better in content than the others, and it contains 30 grams per scoop as opposed to 24 grams for the Nectar and 25 for the Vanilla. So, I try to choke it down. I have a million bottles of flavored syrup, but that does little to disguise the taste. I also bought tons of Proasis, which isn't bad, but unfortunately it's only 24 grams. Protein just tastes really gross to me now, and it is a serious challenge to get my 65 - 80 grams every day. Like you, I also stocked up like crazy before the surgery. That is why I have 7 tubs of the chocolate powder left, even after two months! So good luck to you and I really hope you don't lose your taste for the protein. I'm also quite impressed that you have lost so much weight already. Way to go!
    Her Moojesty

16. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    02-16-2012 02:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 86 Times
    Was Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 23 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Her Moojesty View Post
    Hi Sabrina,
    You are so right about your "tastes" changing post operatively. I drank so much protein powder BEFORE I was sleeved, and I absolutely loved it. I looked forward to having it every morning. Now, however, being about 2 1/2 months out, I can't stand the stuff. It makes me dry heave and I have so much trouble finishing it. I'm referring to the chocolate flavored powder that I mix with skim milk. Occasionally I have to switch to Vanilla, and sometimes I will have the Nectar Fuzzy Navel for a change. Problem is, the chocolate I buy from Puritan's Pride vitamin company is sooo much less money, it is as good or better in content than the others, and it contains 30 grams per scoop as opposed to 24 grams for the Nectar and 25 for the Vanilla. So, I try to choke it down. I have a million bottles of flavored syrup, but that does little to disguise the taste. I also bought tons of Proasis, which isn't bad, but unfortunately it's only 24 grams. Protein just tastes really gross to me now, and it is a serious challenge to get my 65 - 80 grams every day. Like you, I also stocked up like crazy before the surgery. That is why I have 7 tubs of the chocolate powder left, even after two months! So good luck to you and I really hope you don't lose your taste for the protein. I'm also quite impressed that you have lost so much weight already. Way to go!
    Her Moojesty
    Thanks so much for your words of post operative wisdom. I am really hoping that my taste does not change a lot. My sister is getting sleeved a month after me so between the two of us we can swap back and forth.

Thanks again