Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    02-16-2012 05:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Unhappy Already Sleeved, not liking the Protein drinks at all, Upsets my stomach.

I have tried different protein drinks, they run right through me, nautious feeling, One day I didn't drink one and I felt great! What to do? I need protein. I was sleeved Jan 26th, I lost 21 pounds as of Friday the 10th!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member BraelynsGrammy's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Monk
    Last Activity
    03-31-2015 06:34 AM
    Said "Thanks" 244 Times
    Was Thanked 137 Times in 126 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 141 Times

Smile Re: Already Sleeved, not liking the Protein drinks at all, Upsets my stomach.

I recently found Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Naval protein drink. I love it! Can't taste any protein. I got it at my local Vitamin Shop for $41.99 for 36 servings. It is 100 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat, and 23 or 24 grams of protein per an 8 oz serving. They have about 13 kinds but I've only tried Fuzzy Naval....taste just like it with no aftertaste!

4. Said thanks:

Name
    Grace
    Surgery date
    08/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Portsmouth Regional Hosp
    Said "Thanks" 919 Times
    Was Thanked 1,296 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5,008 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Already Sleeved, not liking the Protein drinks at all, Upsets my stomach.

Hi
    You could be sensitive to whey protein right now. Perhaps try soy protein in soy milk with some sf syrup in it.
    Best NSV - fitting on a kid's amusement park ride with my 4 yr old grandson!
    CFIDS =Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) Also dx with post-bariatric reactive hypoglycemia; and chronic gastritis (both sleeve complications). Permanently disabled.
    Start weight 335, down to 218, up during gastritis. Have accepted there is no way to lose it with my hypoglycemia. Current weight 260. Currently doing 10 day sleeve reset and determined to get back down to my post surgical weight or close to it.

6. Said thanks:

Name
    Ashley
    Surgery date
    01/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. William Rice
    Last Activity
    07-11-2012 09:46 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

Default Re: Already Sleeved, not liking the Protein drinks at all, Upsets my stomach.

im having the same problem i was sleeved on jan 23rd and am not getting enough protein in at all maybe 30g at most a day which i know its going to catch up to me soon! i may try that syntrax stuff come pay day i hope i like it!

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Shoppingbeemom's Avatar
    Surgery date
    09/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    07-22-2013 04:34 AM
    Said "Thanks" 48 Times
    Was Thanked 106 Times in 94 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 123 Times

If you are making your own drinks, you could be having a lactose reaction. I felt awful for the first 3 months if I had milk ( the higher the fat content in the milk is very bad). The lactose reaction usually wears off after several months.Best wishes

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member BigChicken's Avatar
    Surgery date
    01/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Terry Pinson
    Last Activity
    12-25-2012 07:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 80 Times in 67 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 199 Times
    Blog Entries

I am so glad I found this thread. I hate all proteins drinks. I hate the premixed ones, I can not stand the blending ones because of the foam. I not getting in enough protein at all. I did find the premixed Isopure, they are different flavors and I add apple juice and some vitamin water to them. I can get those down pretty good. I am trying so hard.
    We are all in this boat together, If we do not row it will sink! So, We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well, and live. From the movie Ben Hur.

13. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member woodberries's Avatar
    Name
    Heather
    Surgery date
    07/29/2011
    Surgeon
    Djorstead
    Last Activity
    11-18-2021 02:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 33 Times
    Was Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

there's a proti lemonade that is supposed to be good. Another option might be just thinning down some plain green yogurt with some Torani syrup for flavor. I don't like it when my shakes get foamy (so I have to remember not to overmix). Lately, I've decided I need to drink down the endless containers of protein drink I have and have decided to make a smoothie of some kind and then mix in the protein. They're better really cold and that adds fruit. Still not the greatest. For pre-made, I like atkins Cafe Caramel and some of their other flavors (NOT dark chocolate for some reason).

Since passing the liquid phase, I've gone to protein bars for supplementing. Cliff Builder (same brand as Cliff health bars) has 3 flavors I enjoy. I like the bars better than the liquid.

15. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    02-16-2012 05:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Thank you all for the replies! I will try some of the methods you all mentioned. I know not getting enough protein will catch up with me. Don't want to be ball headed for sure. I wish there was a protein supplement would be a whole lot easier. My doctor told me I must get between 90 to 100 protein a day. I don't want to see anything with milk it. Turns my stomach sour just thinking about it. I use to looooove milk. Not anymore Yelk!