Surgeon
    Dr. Turton
    Last Activity
    03-07-2013 07:05 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 29 Times

Default Six Months Out.... Almost...

So, I haven't had the time to be on here lately, but I'm feeling the need for some support and insight into how everyone is doing. I'm down almost 70 pounds. I feel good, but I'm losing so slowly now. I'm beginning to freak out a bit worrying that I am eating too much or the wrong things. (Which I know I am... to some extent) I am in school four nights a week and teach all day, so I haven't gotten much exercise since mid-January. I really need to be encouraged and impressed with your stories. How are you all doing? If you're pretty far out, what are you eating?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7Svk7y/]

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member brailynsmommy08's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jackee
    Surgery date
    12/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jose Rodregiz
    Last Activity
    11-24-2012 10:28 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Six Months Out.... Almost...

I am almost 2 months out from my actual surgery date and I am on regular food but I tend to do more chicken, fish and fresh fruits and veggies. If your aware that your making poor food choices and not working out replace the bad with something good. Make it a point to walk during your lunch hour or break between classes. Park out as far as you can then walk to class. If your teaching make sure your up and moving as much as you can to help burn calories. I am a stay at home mom and getting out to exercise is hard seeing as its freezing here right now but I make it a point to get up and walk around, clean, do the stairs, cook and everything else just to help in my weight loss. I set a goal of 2 hours a day for myself and rather I clean a room for 30 minutes or walk up and down the stairs for 15 I make sure I am up for at least 2 hours a day doing stuff. I eat standing up as I tend to eat slower and fill up faster and then after eating I clean up the kitchen so I keep my system moving. Make sure your still getting your protein in as well. Replace bad foods with good foods and if you enjoy a not so good food look for ideas to make it a little healthier. I am down 45 lbs as of today and wish it were more but I hit a major stall for almost 3 weeks 2 weeks out of surgery. Good luck and remember you can control what you eat and if you don't bring it with you your less likely to eat it and if your going out then make simple changes like get a low fat salad dressing, take the burger off the bun or only eat half a bun, choose chicken over a burger. Good luck to you

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Name
    Kim
    Surgery date
    08/15/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Turton
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times

Yeah, I know all that... knowing isn't always enough. I actually do most of your suggestions... I just miss my Zumba, Body Pump, and water aerobics. Hopefully my schedule will calm down sometime.

Gastric Sleeve Member nycbiscuit's Avatar
    Surgery date
    08/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dakin - NYP Weill Cornell
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 87 Times in 75 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 20 Times

I had my surgery just 3 days before you, so we're in the same place.
    I have lost 100 lbs, but I was 500 to start, so don't compare, or at least take my higher start into consideration.
    But I've been struggling since the end of November. The first two weeks of December was a big stall for me. It was my first stall, so I didn't think too much about it since it's to be expected - everyone stalls at some point. And then, poof, overnight I lost 5 lbs. But then I stalled again. I visited family over the holidays and knew I had done really, really well diet wise, but for some reason my diuretic didn't work the same, and when I returned home in early January, I had put on the 5 lbs I had lost, but peed it out over the next four or five days. So by that time it was 5 weeks and I was back where I started. In the past month I've lost about 10, but again, it's been up 2 down 1, up 2, down 2, etc., day after day.

And I know that I'm eating more, and eating more carbs than I did in those first few months, and eating more carbs than I should. I don't want to get started down the path that got me to 500 lbs in the first place. It's totally a head game these days, as opposed to those first few months basking in the success and excitement and energy that the surgery brought. I'm not even on these boards as much as I was in the fall, and I think that, too, has worked against me psychologically to keep me motivated, reminding me to stick to it.

Yeah, I need a swift kick in the pants, too.

Name
    Kim
    Surgery date
    08/15/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Turton
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times

You hit the nail on the head. I've been eating more carbs, too. My weight stays the same for weeks then drops 5 pounds overnight. I haven't gained really, but I want to keep losing more... more quickly. I haven't been on here much either and I think that's bad too. Definitely need to get with the program myself.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents