Surgery date
    02/11/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Rodriguez
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Default Re: Shocking Results of Researching Dr. Kelly

Do y'all know that GottaGo went to the VST board and copy/pasted that same damn post over there? Instead of going out and marketing Dr. Garcia, they are trying to bash Dr. Kelly because they are losing tons of money now that they have burned that bridge. I have no doubt that Dr. Garcia is an excellent surgeon and ALM needs to go and do what he hired them to do, MARKET HIM AND HIS SKILLS NOT TRY AND RUIN ANOTHER DOCTOR SO THEY WILL HAVE SURGERY WITH DR. GARCIA!!!!

I am glad that I am going with BeLiteWeight and using Dr. Rodriguez.... I wouldnt give ALM one red cent!!!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Sunflower's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times
    Was Thanked 704 Times in 669 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 550 Times

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkinnyCow73 View Post
    Do y'all know that GottaGo went to the VST board and copy/pasted that same damn post over there? Instead of going out and marketing Dr. Garcia, they are trying to bash Dr. Kelly because they are losing tons of money now that they have burned that bridge. I have no doubt that Dr. Garcia is an excellent surgeon and ALM needs to go and do what he hired them to do, MARKET HIM AND HIS SKILLS NOT TRY AND RUIN ANOTHER DOCTOR SO THEY WILL HAVE SURGERY WITH DR. GARCIA!!!!

I am glad that I am going with BeLiteWeight and using Dr. Rodriguez.... I wouldnt give ALM one red cent!!!!
    Yes, I saw that. What a terrible thing to do. Gees, some people. Too sad.

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

Surgery date
    12/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Helbling
    Last Activity
    11-18-2013 08:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 219 Times
    Was Thanked 186 Times in 173 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 301 Times

*Sigh*

Don't feed the troll.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    02/28/2012
    Last Activity
    09-10-2016 03:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 13 Times

Hi everybody I've not really posted on here cos still trying to figure out how to use properly lol. I love this site and everyone who has had or thinking of having a sleeve is an inspiration and very brave.il stop babbaling and get to the point ! GOTTAGO WHY Is it that it's only you that has negative things to say about dr Kelly ? I am scheduled to have my sleeve done by dr Kelly SOON !!! And the last thing I want to be thinking about is you going on about someone dying etc etc ? If there is concern about his credentials WHY HASN'T anyone else stepped forward !! Thanks sue for the reassuring words : )

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    01/18/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Undecided
    Last Activity
    03-11-2012 09:41 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gottago View Post
    I see. So the real issue is that in order to be a part of the club I need to bash a lighter me. Ok....they suck. Happy now? I still say if you want to be sleeved by the best, go to Dr. Alvarez.
    Ha ha this is what you are missing, there should be no bashing. I have never bashed A Lighter Me, I don't know you! We should present our facts based on our opinions and actual experience to help the next group of sleevers. This obviously wasn't your goal. Lies and bashing are the problem. Just support who you like through positive methods and will be a much happier person.

I say we stop giving energy to this thread so it will die away and put our happier experiences and hints on this boards so people like I was 3 months ago are supported and well informed on their decisions. Whomever our surgeon was/is!

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Sue Kay Jones's Avatar
    Name
    Sue
    Surgery date
    03/08/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    07-11-2013 09:27 PM
    From TX but living in Oklahoma this year.
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times

gottago, Why are you hiding who you are? You have no info except "gottago". Have you had surgery or are you going to? Why are you even on this forum? I have only seen posts from you putting negative things on here. Do you have any reason other than that for being on here like the rest of us? Just wondering...

Gastric Sleeve Member ShellBell33081's Avatar
    Name
    Shelle
    Surgery date
    04/20/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Garcia
    Last Activity
    12-31-2012 08:03 AM
    Said "Thanks" 53 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 61 Times

Hi everyone! I'm new to posting, but I have been reading quite a bit. It's sad that some people live to hurt others. I'm happy that so many of you did research and can fight back, though. I haven't decided 100% which surgeon I will use, but most likely it will be Dr. Kelly. Thanks to everyone who posts their true experiences and boo to you fake "patients".

Surgery date
    03/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gottago View Post
    Wow! Really? Just because someone finds information you don't like they are a coordinator or in some way being paid?! I did search for the license under his name and could not get it to come up. I just went and searched under the license number and yes, it came up. I was wrong about that. However, why don't you call the hospitals and ask them if he is no longer there because his "contract was up".

If you go look at all of my previous posts I have ALWAYS been a vocal supporter of Dr. Kelly. In fact I refered my sister and my cousin to him. We did go through a lite'r me and they told us that they were the only coordinator for Dr. Kelly. A lie? Maybe. The fact remians that Dr. Kelly lied about the woman that died. Why didn't he just say that she died from bleeding?

What is really shocking is that all of you consider reading a board research. That's not research at all. You are saying that you don't know who I am, well you don't know who anyone posting on these boards is. Yet this is your research?

I posted this to help someone that is looking for a surgeon in Mexico. All of us should be helping each other and be thankful for the good AND the bad information that is passed along. It is then up to the person to decide what they want to do with that information.

Changing the font? LOL! All you need to do is click go advanced and you can change font and make it bigger or smaller. LOL!
    Methinks the lady doth protest too much! William Shakespeare

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    06-16-2012 01:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkinnyCow73 View Post

I believe I recommended Dr. Alvarez for VSG surgeries, NOT Dr. Garcia. The fact is that Dr. Alvarez is the most experienced sleeve doctor in Mexico.

Some people want to hear the good and the bad. If some want to turn a blind eye to the bad, that's your choice but not everyone feels that way. The people that have sent me pm's want to hear all the information not just popular opinions. Like I've said before everyone is free to do whatever they want with the information they receive. Did you call the hospitals and ask for yourself? I did.

Yes I know anyone with a different opinion is a coordinator or getting paid for posting. LOL!

Name
    Lea
    Surgery date
    01/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Attiles
    Last Activity
    01-13-2014 08:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 76 Times
    Was Thanked 170 Times in 160 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

Gottago...are you having surgery? did you have surgery?

13. Said thanks:

Name
    Rhonda
    Surgery date
    11/14/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Garcia Govea
    Last Activity
    11-30-2014 10:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 99 Times
    Was Thanked 106 Times in 81 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 34 Times

Dr. Kelly is a fine surgeon. There are a number of surgeons with great reputations and stats in Mexico and he is one of them. He is even out on this forum offering to answer any of our questions about our surgery, etc... he provides a phone number etc... slanderous accusations are very ugly and unnecessary....money drives people to do some crazy things eh?

15. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    03/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Gottago...are you having surgery? did you have surgery?
    No, If you read her posts on VerticlSleeveTalk, she claims she had a cousin and a sister,or some relative who had surgery down in Mexico--one at Mi Doctor and one at Florence. She also finds Mi much nicer than Florence.

Gastric Sleeve Member Britt_Bearpaw's Avatar
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Brittany
    Last Activity
    04-27-2013 07:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 18 Times
    Blog Entries

I am shocked to see all the negative feedback about Alighterme. I contacted them this summer for my upcoming surgery next week (the 16th yay!!), and they have been very professional, and kind to me. I always get a prompt response with my emails and calls, and my cordinater has never bashed anybody. My experience so far has been great with this company, but all these bad reviews has me a lil nervous...

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    02/16/2012
    Surgeon
    fernando Garcia
    Last Activity
    12-23-2012 06:36 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times

Brittany..I would not worry about all this it does seem like a war that we have somehow gotten caught in the middle of..I know that our surgeon is competant and if you had a good experience with A Lighter Me that is all that matters...all this is so crazy...and very unfair to other members on here such as you and I who have just come to the forums in the past month...

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/19/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kelly
    Last Activity
    03-12-2016 09:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 47 Times

Linda at Alighterme was my coordinator and she answered all of my emails and questions I had. She was even in Tijuana at the time of my surgery, and came to the hospital with many of the company. Was very nice to have met her. But, since I have been home there hasn't been any contact or follow up with her since. I feel a bit forgotten. Just seems those who had Trish as their coordinator have gotten way more one on one, at the hospital and later on. I asked about Trish in one of my e-mails and was mislead about them all working together. oh welllll water under the bridge....

More important is that Dr. Kelly is a fantastic doctor and I received the utmost in care from him.

Highest Weight 6/24/11 • 287
    Starting Weight 9/7/11 • 275
    Pre-Op Weight 10/5/11 • 258
    Surgery Weight 10/19/11 • 245

Weight Loss since Sept 5th • 68 pounds!!

Loss shown below is from the day of surgery • • •

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter