12/27/2013
    Surgeon
    Frank Veninga
    Last Activity
    09-02-2014 08:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Had the Gastric Sleeve 12/27 - feeling great! Been off pain pills two days!

Thank you so very much everyone for sharing your wisdom, experience, and hope with me prior to my surgery. I was sure i would end up getting an "open" procedure as I didn't follow the post surgery two week fast. But I had laproscopic after all that worry and I am feeling better every day. There are, of course, some moments of pain and fear, but I am so thankful to the Big Guy Upstairs for opening this way (gastric sleeve) for me to remove the excess weight that is just so hard carrying that weight on all our joints and our self-esteem. I weighed in at 218 right before surgery and I think I am down to 215, but I'm not going to weigh except 1x a week and the reason I know that is because I GAVE MY SCALES TO MY FIANCEE TO KEEP HIDDEN FOR ME TODAY SO I won't do my usual obsessive compulsive weighing hourly.

Should we weigh bi monthly or weekly? What is best? I have been keeping my measurements at my gym but weighing just seems more proof "things" are working correctly.

I am so grateful to be here and to everyone who offered their kind words of support and their experience and hope, please accept thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Jill

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/27/2013
    Surgeon
    Michael King
    Last Activity
    10-10-2014 06:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: Had the Gastric Sleeve 12/27 - feeling great! Been off pain pills two days!

I too was sleeved in the 27th and feel much better today. No oroblems except a slight fever of 99.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member FadeToBlack's Avatar
    Name
    Anthony
    Surgery date
    12/04/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Amit Trivedi
    Last Activity
    11-17-2014 06:08 PM
    Said "Thanks" 18 Times
    Was Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times

Default Re: Had the Gastric Sleeve 12/27 - feeling great! Been off pain pills two days!

Congratulations! I must admit, I'm guilty of being a habitual scale user! However, for me, it's a way to remain motivated, so I'm OK with it.
    According to my Dr, the 8th day after surgery is a magical day because all the fluids you've been pumped with in the hospital have likely passed through your system. It's this time that I noticed a dramatic drop in weight and really had to concentrate on remaining hydrated. Be sure to keep sipping something all day!

As for scale usage, well, I'm not a good example to follow. I have read several postings and articles, both on this forum and various other sites, that recommend weighing in ONCE A WEEK. I'm a proponent of doing whatever makes you feel comfortable. For me, every morning is like unwrapping a new Christmas present for every pound lost. Occasionally when I don't lose weight, or even gain, I don't get upset. I use it as a tool to reflect upon what I ate the previous day to see if there was anything in particular I did to cause a move. Sometimes, there's just no viable answer -- so I just chalk it up to my body still settling in and adjusting after only having surgery almost a month ago. Everything needs to be thought of in context -- as you reintroduce foods into your diet you may plateau for a few days before your body readjusts.

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member denakayhall0218's Avatar
    Name
    Dena Kay
    Surgery date
    01/31/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jacqueline Osuna
    Last Activity
    09-30-2015 02:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 34 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

Did you have the sleeve in Mexico? Just curious? Having mine 31Jan14' with Dr. Jacqueline Osuna at Mi Doctor's Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico.
    Reason: Changing text.
    Dena Kay Hall
    ahallk@inbox.com

Gastric Sleeve Member denakayhall0218's Avatar
    Name
    Dena Kay
    Surgery date
    01/31/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jacqueline Osuna
    Last Activity
    09-30-2015 02:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 34 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you got the sleeve. I'm just analyzing the whole situation and to me the advantage to this surgery, is if a person eats to much after surgery you become ill, or have some have said it hurts, so I'm thinking, I will not be able to overeat.

Found this information on a You Tube Video; that makes sense and has worked well for a Sleever into this 2 yrs. and keeps her weight in check.
    She looks great and loves her life now.

Here IS HER ROUTINE TO KEEP HER FOOD AND DRINK PORTIONS :

Protein drinks:
    Name Brand: Costco's Premier Nutrition in Chocolate.
    Another product I use is: Chike's strawberry and chocolate flavors.
    Try them for yourself @ ilikechike.com
    Since No sodas now I use the following:
    Drinks: Name Brand Celestial Seasonings Cold Brew Ice Tea:
    Flavor Tropical & Blueberry> Mix Cold Water, ice cubes, use 1 or 2 bags brew, Very tasty, of course sugar free......
    Celestial seasonings cold brew ice tea, I buy mine from Sprouts.
    Flavor: Tropical: Mix cold water ice cubes; 1 or 2 bags brew these very tasty and sugar free... add sugar substitute or flavoring.

Food warmer: Because food gets cold because it takes so long to eat a meal.
    Brookstone beverage warmer
    A MUST HAVE FOR ME THAT HAS KEPT MY ICE CREAM EATING IN CHECK:
    ********YONANA MACHINE*********,
    Yonana machine, I bought mine from Amazon but you can also buy it at Bed Bath and Beyond.

FREEZE BANANAS, OR ANY FROZEN FRUIT, MANGOS, PINEAPPLE, CHERRIES, ANY FRUIT, STRAWBERRIES,
    AND PUT DIRECTLY INTO MACHINE AND A FROZEN TREAT COMES OUT. LIKE SOFT SERVE, THIS IS MY SAVIOUR.
    HOPE YOU LIKE IT. IT HAS BECOME MY SAVIOUR.

NEXT ITEM is:Silicone CUP HOLDER
    VERY IMPORTANT TO KEEP MY PORTIONS CORRECT;
    ***********MY MEASURING CUP********Measuring cup: It is a Silicone CUP HOLDER
    I bought mine in a pack from JCPenny's.

Silicone cup holder
    Fill cup holder with 3/4 of a cup of protein little veggies and little carbs.
    Use this when you go to restaurants, at home, at work, everywhere,
    Takes the guessing out of how much to eat. you won't eat to much or too less.

I hope you find this helpful to you I think this girl made more sense than anyone else on how to keep a hold on eating to much or too little.

Please pass on to others, and I let me know what you think.

I hope YOU Do well and Great luck.

DENA HALL
    *** The cup holder looks flat, the cup part pops out, and hope you can find one.
    Reason: Changing text.
    Dena Kay Hall
    ahallk@inbox.com

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents