Surgeon
    Reza Keshavarzi, MD
    Last Activity
    12-15-2019 04:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Smile I'm new in town

Hello! I'm a 43 year old woman, looking to have VSG sometime in February. Self-pay as I am at 35-36 BMI and only have high blood pressure as a qualifying comorbidity, despite having a fairly rare lipid disorder, minor thyroid issues and being pre-diabetic. I figure I will eventually develop health issues that would qualify me for insurance, but I'd rather just get healthier now instead of waiting. (But boy is it expensive - I'm doing it here in South Florida.) I'm feeling mostly positive and determined, though I have moments where I wonder if this is too extreme and I should just keep trying to lose weight on my own. I feel like since I've made the decision to go forward with the VSG, I've been losing weight and making healthier choices with less effort. But then I also think that I should do this while I am motivated, my life is stable and I'm feeling good. I've lost weight before, but always gained more later when things got rough, and you never know what life is going to throw at you.
    Anyway, I'm really glad this site exists and I appreciate being able to witness other people's journeys. Makes me feel like this will actually happen to me. If anybody has suggestions of forums I should join, please let me know!

2. The following 5 users said welcome Peregrine to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents