Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New taste aversions...

1. crispy657967074
    crispy657967074
    Is anyone else experiencing new strange changes in their perceptions of taste? I am only a little less than 2 weeks post surgery, but everything is different for me, taste-wise. I used to love Yoplait light yogurt daily- now I can't even swallow it's sickeningly sweet artificial taste. I can't handle any artificial sweetener at all. This is hard because it rules out Crystal Light. ...on the up side-- I love not being hungry and I am starting to see a little bit of a difference in my body already, which is awesome!
  2. Oklahomom
    Oklahomom
    Sometimes I feel like I'm in first trimester pregnancy! LOL (I def am NOT!) I was able to have a protein shake most every day before surgery. Now they make me extremely nauseous. Including pudding, most yogurt, etc. The only sweet things i can stomach are suger-free popsicles and some sweetener in my hot tea. I made a Crystal Light and then felt sick looking at it. My son made pancakes and the syrup made me want to gag. I am 2 1/2 weeks post-op.
  3. elj100712
    elj100712
    My surgery was 11/20 and I'm going thru the same things. I feel like I did when I was pregnant. My sense of smell is over-active. I can't tolerate artificial sweeteners or even some artificial flavors. And anything that smells overly sweet turns my stomach. Guess this is all part of the new me.
  4. HealthyMom
    HealthyMom
    I am 5 days out of surgery and still on shakes, but let me just say....I'm sick of them. I'm using 50 gram Isopure vanilla and choc shake mix with water and skim milk. I tried the Isopure 40 gram fruit drinks in the glass bottles but just too sweet for me. I may try to mix the fruit drink with the vanilla mix for a different taste. Any suggestions on how to make other protein shakes?
  5. Hibbitson
    Hibbitson
    My surgeon wanted me on just Isopure for 2 weeks, even looking at the bottle makes me want to hurl. I want yogurt or pudding so badly. Wish I had your surgeons lol.
  6. Poji
    Poji
    Before surgery there wasn't a cookie, candy, cake, pastry, muffin that I wouldn't have passed up...Now, I have a pretty strong aversion to anything sweet...I am glad, but it is making it so hard to get down the stuff that is predominantly sweet at these early stages!
  7. Maccc74
    Maccc74
    I too have confused tastebuds. I try and get my protein in but for some reason 3 weeks post op I can only drink my protein or eat cottage cheese or yogurts. I can have pureeds, soft foods. When I eat protein I hate the way to tastes and feels when it hits my stomach. Not sure if anyone else feels that way or I am just a weird. I did try isopure blue raspberry the other day and it wasn't to bad which has a bad smell to it but if I didn't smell it was fine. Mine is also not just the taste but lately has been quite a bit if food smells make me nauseous. I just feel now I don't even enjoy food but despise it cause I can't eat it.
  8. meag1971
    meag1971
    here is my thing my tastes are good but having an issue with my calcium vitamin it drives my throat nuts when i have it