Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Regain

1. Jatasha
    Jatasha
    I was sleeved 4 years ago. Throughout the process, the most I lost was 60 pounds. I have since regained. I've been embarrased to share my progress (or lack thereof) with anyone...including the surgeon. I visited him.last year, and felt.like a total failure when he suggested a re-sleeve or meds. I KNOW it's mind over matter. I never changed my eating habits. I have weird symptoms that have me at the doctor every month...total health anxiety. I want to end this vicious cycle so that I can LIVE!!! I saw this group in email...everyone posting progress...I forgot that support groups are here...I will check regularly now...hoping to turn this around. Grazing is my problem. I still can only eat small amounts of food, so I believe my sleeve is fine. Its this brain of mine. Pray for me, and share any advice, its appreciated!
  2. Ann2
    Ann2
    Jatasha, something that's been critical to my maintenance is keeping the kitchen / house as clean as possible -- getting all the grazing food (chips, cookies, crackers, ice cream, etc.) out of the house. And simply not buying it.

I've been seeing a therapist for 4 years now -- his support has been critical to my success. He's helped me (1) stay accountable re my healthy lifestyle, (2) manage the stress in my life for the last 4 years -- and believe me when I say there's been a LOT. Stress has been the greatest contributor to my obesity, so I went to school on how to navigate and manage life's stresses without medicating my feelings with food. I know many of those who have been successful in managing their weight after WLS have worked with a therapist. So you might explore that resource if you're able / willing to go that route.

Just some initial thoughts to throw out there for your consideration.