Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hair Loss Solution

1. pgood33605
    pgood33605
    Hello everyone, I'm backkkkkk.

I had my gastric sleeve done Oct 1 by Dr. Almanza (who by the way is very handsome) and today 4 days later, I'm 75% - 80% back to normal and previously I've gone to work sick feeling less than 60% so that's saying something. I didn't have a significant amount of pain, although some in my group experienced more while others experienced less. I have 5 incisions small in size, nothing overly gross, just simple sutures with the largest being just above my navel. I posted a blog detailing my 4 day journey called “My Gastric Sleeve Experience in Mexico, Day 2 - My Gastric Sleeve Experience in Mexico & Day 3 - My Gastric Sleeve Experience in Mexico and Day 4 - My Gastric Sleeve Experience in Mexico – The Journey Home” detailing my step by step experience, but wanted to share some information I learned from people in my group about hair loss.

Quite a few folks had questions regarding hair loss and how to prevent it. I to am one who is concerned with losing my hair because as a women, let’s face it, it’s our crowning glory. Dr. Almanza suggested B-12 injections to prevent significant hair loss. He stated that you should start once you return home having B-12 injections twice a week or 1 every 3 days for 3 or 4 weeks then go to sub-lingual B-12. Most of the sleevers in my group agreed that their insurance will not cover this procedure and shots range from $30 - $50 per injection. Some have considered ordering B-12 from Canada and mixing and injectable themselves (generally in the buttock or belly region).

They were saying when you buy the B-12 online it is cheaper, but someone else advised they were able to find it in Mexico for about $4 per injection but you have to mix yourself. As a Critical Care Respiratory Therapists it is not difficult to either mix or administer this vitamin, my suggestion to you is to consult your health care physician for the best method or option available for you.

With regard to the B-12 injections, I decided to start with a high potency pure sub-lingual B-12 (around 2500 -5000 mcg) daily and add a supplement called "Super Potency Biotin 5000 mcg," this is a supplement that supports skin, hair and nails. The 3rd component is keeping up with protein intake. Protein plays a major role in recovery after gastric procedures and one of the most important is muscle loss. Deficiencies in protein intake can cause a lack of energy, muscle loss, possible increase in loose or hanging skin as well as hair loss. My plan is to incorporate these 3 items into my daily routine to decrease as much as possible any of the side affects described. Hope this was helpful.