Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pain and healing!

1. Ceasar10
    Ceasar10
    Hi, I'm a newbie. I will be 52 in August! Just wondering how bad is pain and was it a slower healing process because of our age! I know everyone's pain tolerance is different! I am definetly asking for the drugs! Just wondering what to expect!
    Thanks,
    Slinky
  2. TucsonAmy
    TucsonAmy
    Hi newbie,

I'm 65 and you're right, the pain is different for everyone. I have a very low pain tolerance but I had virtually none, except horrible gas pain for the first 24 hours. I was able to drive home from MX for over five hours on day three. Once i was off the IVs i took no pain meds.

You will not regret your decision. It is the best thing i have ever done in my life, no exceptions.
  3. Ceasar10
    Ceasar10
    Thanks for your response TucsonAmy, you look fantastic! Hugs, Slinky
  4. jerzeygirl
    jerzeygirl
    I was 61 when I had the surgery, now I'm 62 I didn't really have any pain to speak of, the hardest part for me was drinking liquids. It hurt and I became afraid to drink, therefore; I didn't keep up my intake and got a bladder infection (that was actually more painful than the surgery). My suggestion is to sip, sip and sip more! I found walking, breathing deeply, and walking some more really helped the gas pains and helped heal. It gets so much easier and easier, and at this point, it's all a vague memory and I'm just enjoying this lifestyle!
  5. Ceasar10
    Ceasar10
    Thanks Jetzeygirl! You looking good girl! Hugs!
  6. bchevery
    bchevery
    Hi my name is betty i am hopeing to be sleeved in march 200013 i have alot of heart burn now and i am so not good with pain i have a tread mill do u think that will help with the gas what will i need when i get home i have read gas x crystal lite any thing else?
  7. Blan
    Blan
    I keep hearing about the gas and pain. How long does it take to get the gas out?
  8. Blan
    Blan
    I keep hearing about the gas and pain. How long does it take to get the gas out?