Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Worried

1. cycleoldlady
    cycleoldlady
    I'm only at the meeting the surgeon today stage, but last night I slept really badly, stomach in knots, worried about cutting off a 'healthy' part of me. My Mum had stomach cancer and had her's removed completely, she basically starved for the next year and a half of her battle she could not win. So how can I consider doing this electively because I can't control how hungry I am it doesn't seem right. Worried about the afterwards too, how diffucult eating can be and how long to feel healthy again, I can't take too much time off work.I have a busy job, 10 hour shifts, can be on my feet all day.Is it normal to have so much doubt?
  2. shelleyssweets
    shelleyssweets
    Relax and take one step at a time. I own a bakery and went back to work the week of surgery. Had surgery on a Monday, left hospital on Wednesday and started working again on Thursday (made 4 cakes on my own on Thurs, fri and sat). Its not easy....but if you are strong (mentally) and have the will to see this through...you will be fine. Yes, I have gotten sick a few times....ate too fast is usually my issue....but it is all worth it.

The support on this site is wonderful! Be sure to use the site to continue asking questions. Stock up on a variety of foods for each stage of the journey. My biggest downfall is when i dont have a decent variety of foods here.....I will get bored and stop eating. And, surprisingly, you wont lose weight if you stop eating. Your body goes into starvation mode and stops burning calories. I eat a LOT of chicken and baked fish.....even for breakfast! It does feel weird eating such tiny portions all through the day though. But I am adjusting.
    Hang in there.....the doubts are quite normal. (((Hugs)))
  3. shelleyssweets
    shelleyssweets
    Relax and take one step at a time. I own a bakery and went back to work the week of surgery. Had surgery on a Monday, left hospital on Wednesday and started working again on Thursday (made 4 cakes on my own on Thurs, fri and sat). Its not easy....but if you are strong (mentally) and have the will to see this through...you will be fine. Yes, I have gotten sick a few times....ate too fast is usually my issue....but it is all worth it.

The support on this site is wonderful! Be sure to use the site to continue asking questions. Stock up on a variety of foods for each stage of the journey. My biggest downfall is when i dont have a decent variety of foods here.....I will get bored and stop eating. And, surprisingly, you wont lose weight if you stop eating. Your body goes into starvation mode and stops burning calories. I eat a LOT of chicken and baked fish.....even for breakfast! It does feel weird eating such tiny portions all through the day though. But I am adjusting.
    Hang in there.....the doubts are quite normal. (((Hugs)))
  4. Dyanne4293
    Dyanne4293
    Breathe! All is well. I would do it all again! I had my surgery July 17, Tuesday and was back at work the following Tuesday. No heavy lifting for 6 weeks. I've lost 35lbs. I will ditto everything Shelleysweets has already said. I eat many small meals. I get full very fast. I'm rarely hungry. I've vomited a few times - but it was ate something I wasnt ready to eat. I too eat ALOT of fish, and some chicken. Lots of cheese and protein shakes. Take a good vitamin - liquid-gel. The past 2 weeks, I've not lost any weight, but am still losing inches.
    Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real....don't give it any attention!
    Good luck! Dyanne
  5. Dyanne4293
    Dyanne4293
    Breathe! All is well. I would do it all again! I had my surgery July 17, Tuesday and was back at work the following Tuesday. No heavy lifting for 6 weeks. I've lost 35lbs. I will ditto everything Shelleysweets has already said. I eat many small meals. I get full very fast. I'm rarely hungry. I've vomited a few times - but it was ate something I wasnt ready to eat. I too eat ALOT of fish, and some chicken. Lots of cheese and protein shakes. Take a good vitamin - liquid-gel. The past 2 weeks, I've not lost any weight, but am still losing inches.
    Good luck! Dyanne
  6. Dyanne4293
    Dyanne4293
    Good luck! Dyanne