Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

The date is set...I'm having surgery on the 5th of Oct.!

1. zmdh39
    So, I emailed Henry to ask about hotels because I thought I had to fly in the day before my surgery and stay the night in a hotel in order to be picked up at 9:30am the next day for surgery. Now this is something that impresses me about the quality of service that his office has shown to me...Henry suggested that if I was willing to book on the 5th of Oct. that they had another patient that needed to be picked up at 10am for surgery, and if I was willing to do the same I could fly in that day, get my surgery, and forego having to stay the night in a hotel and fly in a day earlier. Now that may not seem huge to some people, but I thought that it was very considerate to offer to pick me up at a different time to have same day surgery...all to save me the cost of a hotel bill. I just wanted to say kudos to Henry, and Dr. Quinones for being so willing to help their patients on extra little things like that. Thank you so much!
  2. germensano
    germensano
    Im very happy with the service that they offer. Im in hotel real del rio. Very comfy and great quality. Any question you have please let me know.
  3. hilliary
    hilliary
    I stayed at Del Rio! Loved it, loved Dr Quinones, was so happy with my service and care!
  4. jammy
    jammy
    Hi, my mom and I will be having our surgeries on the 5th as well with Dr. Quinones. Henry has been wonderful and is making this experience a little less stressful. We will be flying in the day before and staying at the Del Rio as well. As for the people who have already been, this may sound like a silly question, but did you feel safe? Ty.
  5. jammy
    jammy
    Hi, my mom and I will be having our surgeries on the 5th as well with Dr. Quinones. Henry has been wonderful and is making this experience a little less stressful. We will be flying in the day before and staying at the Del Rio as well. As for the people who have already been, this may sound like a silly question, but did you feel safe? Ty.
  6. jammy
    jammy
  7. jammy
    jammy
    Hi, my mom and I will be having our surgeries on the 5th as well with Dr. Quinones. Best wishes and we will probably see one another! Henry has been wonderful and is making this experience a little less stressful. We will be flying in the day before and staying at the Del Rio as well. As for the people who have already been, this may sound like a silly question, but did you feel safe? Ty.
  8. jammy
    jammy
    Sorry for the numerous posts. It won't let me delete!
  9. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    If you want to delete the message go to edit and then you will have the option to delete the message or keep it or edit it. You literally are in the van to go to the Santa Fe then you get off there you have surgery and go to the hotel and after that you go to the airport. There is nothing to worry about. I found him on a search engine by luck, and told everyone about him. I can say he is a great doctor I actually had the procedure with him already and I am doing fine no problems after the fact. I only had gas for 4 days and loving my sleeve. Ask anything you want we are here to help and listen.
  10. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Hello Jammy how did you find Dr.Quinones on the site too?
  11. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Hello Jammy how did you find Dr.Quinones on this site too?
  12. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Welcome to the group Jammy, did you find Dr.Quinones on this forum as well?
  13. jammy
    jammy
    Actually, no. I did research and knew I had wanted to do the procedure in Mexico. I saw a lot of information for Dr. Almanza, Dr. Alvarez, and Dr. Quinones. Requested info from each of the doctors and felt most comfortable with what I saw on Dr. Quinones. Henry has been a great at giving additional info. The customer service thus far has been impeccable. I like all your pictures above. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
  14. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I do not know why this site is tripping on posting things it is becoming bothersome seeing your post all these times LOL. When I click edit to delete the comment then it takes forever ugh! Thanks I am still in the weight loss process I have 88 more pounds to go.
  15. jammy
    jammy
    Yes I know what you mean, and again I am sorry for the numerous duplicate posts. I tried to "edit" but it just won't go any farther than that. Just curious, since your surgery, do you have an intolerance to certain temperatures? Are you cold alot?
  16. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I am slightly anemic but I have not had any additional issues, I have not had any intolerance to anything. Your taste buds change. Many drinks I liked I do not like anymore. I am not into hamburgers at all! LOL I read that wrong I don't have any issues with being cold or hot but San Diego has been having little heat waves so it has been hot here but before those days I haven't had any issues with being too hot or too cold.
  17. jammy
    jammy
    Thanks for the info I asked bc I know a few people who have had the bypass and they tend to be very cold intolerant now, despite the heat. I was curious to see if the same thing would apply for the sleeve.
  18. zmdh39
    Does anyone happen to know the other person having surgery on the 5th that is fly in same day and arriving at the airport at 10am? I'm travelling alone and would love to meet some surgery buddies
  19. zmdh39
    Does anyone happen to know the other person having surgery on the 5th that is fly in same day and arriving at the airport at 10am? I'm travelling alone and would love to meet some surgery buddies
  20. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Jammy and her mother the post above you
  21. jammy
    jammy
    My mom and I are arriving the day before so we don't feel so rushed. :0)
  22. LivingLifeJohnson
    LivingLifeJohnson
    zmdh and jammy my cousin and I are having our surgery on the 5th now as well.. We were flying in on the 5th and being sleeved on the 6th but Henry called and informed us that there is enough space for us to be sleeved on the 5th if we'd like so we opted to go with it and get it done and over with on that day. We will be arriving in San Diego on the 5th at 10:35am and are being sleeved in the afternoon.... Im sure we will all get to meet and share this experience together I cant wait!
  23. LivingLifeJohnson
    LivingLifeJohnson
    zmdh and jammy my cousin and I are having our surgery on the 5th now as well.. We were flying in on the 5th and being sleeved on the 6th but Henry called and informed us that there is enough space for us to be sleeved on the 5th if we'd like so we opted to go with it and get it done and over with on that day. We will be arriving in San Diego on the 5th at 10:35am and are being sleeved in the afternoon.... Im sure we will all get to meet and share this experience together I cant wait!
  24. LivingLifeJohnson
    LivingLifeJohnson
  25. LivingLifeJohnson
    LivingLifeJohnson
  26. jammy
    jammy
    LivingLifeJohnson, that is great! So looking forward to this experience and glad I get to share it with you all! It will be an adventure onto bigger and better things! Oops, I mean smaller things (US)! I asked Henry how many patients Dr. Q schedules for surgery and he told me a minimum of 2 and a max of 5, so I guess we all are it. Liquid diet here I come
  27. LivingLifeJohnson
    LivingLifeJohnson
    @jammy yep i think we are the 5 for the day!! thats great!! I am so ready!! see you guys soon!!
  28. jammy
    jammy
    @LivingLIfeJohnson and zmdh, what day and time are you guys leaving to return home?
  29. LivingLifeJohnson
    LivingLifeJohnson
    Im leaving to return home on Monday afternoon
  30. zmdh39
    Wow, I am so excited, can't wait to meet my fellow sleevers!
  31. jammy
    jammy
    Really excited as well! I got a little freaked out today because I couldn't find my passport. But low and behold, after 2 hrs of searching, I found it!