Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

from almanza to kelly

1. crystal
    crystal
    Hello all. After a lot of thought I have decided to use Dr.Kelly for many reasons. The main reason being I'm almost 400lbs and feel I need to be in a hospital. I would appreciate any all experiences. I have not scheduled yet I'm gonna try to plan for my same month of feb 2012.thanks to u all
  2. nickicole
    nickicole
    Hi Crystal! I too chose Dr. Kelly for the very same reason. Being in a hospital was important to me and gives me a little more assurance that "if" anything were to happen I would benefit from being at a hospital. I'm scheduled for November 25th and will be sure to post how things go.

Nicole
  3. crystal
    crystal
    Ok nicki! Goodluck!
  4. monicarick
    monicarick
    I chose Kelly for the Hospital the extra day in the hospital and the privacy of a hotel room versus a recovery house. I think that is all worth the extra money.
  5. Sunflower
    Sunflower
    Ditto. The whole "Recovery House" experience is just not my cup of tea: possibly sharing a room with a complete stranger, and the food cooking smells all day and noise. Also the strip mall clinic is a little too rustic for my liking. I have a lot of health issues and I'm a cancer survivor. Ineed a bit more security.
  6. littlemissvee
    littlemissvee
    Wow, that's awesome. I too am switching from Almanza to Kelly. I was pretty content with my decision to go with Dr. Almanza but then a few things came up and a better opportunity was presented for me to go with Dr. Kelly and I must say, so far, my decision feels 100% right! Not only do I have more piece of mind, but my boyfriend is suddenly at ease with my decision to undergo WLS.

I'm getting sleeved in June! I can't wait! Feels like I wanna just go to bed and wake up in June! Can I? PLEEEEAASEEEE?
  7. cpaliz1
    cpaliz1
    Funny I found this thread...Originally I was planning to go with Almanza but I'm debating on switching to Kelly. I wont't be having my sleeve done until Jan 2013.
  8. blessedahf
    blessedahf
    All I can say is Dr. Kelly is freakin awesome!!! I love that man haha So much so, that my husband is scheduled now for his surgery with Kelly on February 18th, 2013 We are so excited! I looked at Almanza for myself, but I too wasn't okay with the storefront clinic and just being a "number". He performs 8-10 surgeries a day whereas Kelly will only do 3. I'd hate to be Almanza's 8th patient in a given day. I don't care who you are.....after several surgies, you are TIRED!! Don't care to be the one he accidentally slips up on. Just my opinion. We're all human. But Kelly is the man! I've also debated flying over to him for other surgeries should they arise such as gallbladder, etc. He's a great surgeon!!