Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Scars

1. PHATDIVABBW
    PHATDIVABBW
    I have 4 scars from my surgery. They are dark and Thank God they didn't keloid. I was thinking of using Merderma scar cream. Has anyone used this product?
  2. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    OMG I was about to use Mederma too, and was wondering if anyone else used it, glad you made this post. I was going to buy some yesterday but forgot. I am thinking of getting some today. I read from the reviews that it works really well BUT you have to use it 3 or 4 times a day. It just cost about 22.00 at CVS for advance scar treatment which is the one I want. When I went to the Wal-Mart website I didn't see advance scar treatment. CVS has a knock off for a few dollars less that had two great reviews. I also heard about Kelo-cote so I am looking into getting that if I don't go with the Mederma. I heard the best scar treatment, is a silicone based scar gel. Then I read some people saying their PCP said none of them work. This would be a good question to know an answer too.
  3. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    I'm using Mederma and have used it successfully in the past BUT I just read an article in Allure that said it's not that great. So far 3 of my scars are flat and fine (but we know w/ keloiding they can start out like that and then take their time getting bigger and nasty) and the larger one is taking longer to heal. Hope that helps-will get the info from that article when I get back.
  4. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Are the scars starting to fade away?
  5. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
  6. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    No grass growing under your feet, Phoenix! Thanks for finding the articles. I might get some silicon gel when I run out of the Mederma, maybe it's just the moisture that helps the scars, as the article suggest, I also used it a couple of years ago on a very large, ugly leg scar. Now it's tiny and light and flat.

And yes, the scars are fading except the largest one, it's taking a little longer, it's not as flat and light as the others.
  7. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I went and got silicone scar sheets called ScarAway and i put them on before i went to bed and woke up with one two still in place and one was re-taped elsewhere and i can't find the other two lol. Of my incisions I got 5 in all three actual incisions, then one is where my drain was, and the other was where the liver protractor went. The only two I really want to be gone is the actual three scars. i can live with the drain and liver protractor incisions.
  8. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    I figure most of them will be gone when I get a tummy tuck (Lower Body Lift, actually) but I don't want them to get big and itchy in the meantime. I'm actually kind of proud of these scars, I've earned 'em!
  9. ebonylove
    ebonylove
    I had surgery a year ago for a different reason and I used shea butter on it. I now have to look for the scar, it is very smooth and very light. I'm positive that this works because I have a scar from the chicken pox that is keloided and another from a spider bite that also is a big and nasty looking (my mother used coco butter on them). When my son started walking he walked into the corner of the wall and spit his head open. At 8 month he had 4 stitches by his first birthday the scar was almost gone. He is now 4 and it just look like wrinkle one his forehead. It cost me about $4 for a tub or $19 when I get it in liquid form from the African store.
  10. Sunflower
    Sunflower
    My scars are red. I've so many surgeries before that I'm pretty confident that they'll fade in time. Just wish I knew what I could do about the strretch marks!