Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New Here

1. 00Shae
    00Shae
    Hello all,

I am new here. I just started my journey. I have had one appointment at the bariatric clinic to discuss all my options. I have several more appointments set up. I am not close to having a surgery date yet as at this clinic they work on the life style changes and any health or physical issues first.

I am very excited to start this process. I have joined here to get as much information and any advice I can get.

I live in Southern Alberta, so if there is anyone else out there that is from the same area I would love to hear from you.

2. Marian
    Marian
    Hi, Shae. I'm 6 months post op, and have been very lucky to have no side effects or complications this far. Since the surgery I have lost 115 lbs, and I am still losing weight steadily. I still have a long ways to go. I hope you have as successful a time at this as I have so far! Hope to hear from you as your process continues.

- Marian
  3. Itstime
    Itstime
    Hi I am about 4-5mo out too. I just had my 1st 90min nutritionist appointment, and have my psych appt set. I too am super excited for this journey as well. Seems overwhelming at times, and like it is so far away, but I am trying to use this time to loose weight on my own and use all the suggestions and tools they are giving me. I figure the more I loose pre - op the more successful I will be post op. I have been waiting to get to this point in my life FOREVER, so here we go!! Good luck!!!
  4. 00Shae
    00Shae
    I have had my nutritionist appointment and I have had two appointments with the psychiatrist, first the initial 90 min appointment and then we decided that since I have a lot of things that could use someone to talk to about that I might as well keep going back. She did however feel that my reasoning for wanting to have the surgery were very valid and she cleared me on that part. I saw the in house doctor that day too and he felt the same so he just had me put on the wait list and I don't have to go back to see him anymore.
  5. Meko48
    Meko48
    Hello everyone I had my surgery on March, 27 it will be 1 mnth on Saturday, no complications or issues at all best decision I have made for myself.
    Sage Bariatric in San Antonio is who I went through and they have set me up with physical therapy and mindful eating counseling which I'm so grateful for I wish everyone luck with this journey and I'll be praying for all of us.