Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I'm 5 years with lapband looking to revise to gastric sleeve.

1. jdmart7
    jdmart7
    Hi I'm looking for success stories of people who revised from lapband to sleeve. Have had lapband for 5 years without much success. I'd like opinions on your success with a revision. Also interested in hearing from people who had band removal and sleeve done in one surgical procedure. My current dr doesn't do one step procedure. Prefers to remove band followed by 6 months recovery before sleeve procedure.
  2. Bellagirl
    Bellagirl
    I had surgery on Mar 27, and I had the band removed (after 10 yrs) and had a gastric sleeve all at once. I didn’t have anymore pain than I thought I would, sore for about 2 days. The weight is definitely coming off and no more problems from the band. I’ve heard a lot of complaints from people with the band and it worked for me for about 2 years and then it slipped and I saw the weight creeping up and I knew it wasn’t successful anymore. My surgeon said if there was anything wrong with the stomach/esophagus then it would be 2 separate surgeries. I don’t have enough sick leave so I pushed for having it all at once. No sense in going through recovery twice!