Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Why is Dr. Quinones no longer recommended?

1. MrsAmy
    MrsAmy
    I'm brand new and when I started my research I thought Dr. Quinones looked like a great option. My husband researched on his own and said the same thing. I searched and searched for horror stories. I don't know how this forum is run, but I don't understand how a forum could recommend (or not) certain surgeons. Is this site funded by Dr. Almanza, whose banner ad is at the top?

Sorry, I am just trying to understand why Dr. Q is so bad that he is not recommended. Any info helps. Thank you.
  2. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Dr.Almanza does not fund the site he just has the most paid ads. As far as Dr. Q, I am like his oldest patient on this site. I chime in here and there to see how this site is doing. Also, Mexico has so many new emerging doctors and the vets that are in the weight loss surgery business. Honestly there are not that many doctors who have done bad work. I know that each doctor has experienced some negative things that they tend to have other patients drown the positive reviews in for the bad. Do your research but many states are offering weight loss surgery with general insurance. When i first got my surgery done insurance was not mandating weight loss surgery. I ended up regaining my weight and was luckily able to go through my insurance to have my second surgery done here in the States. I would first recommend looking at your insurance requirements for weight loss surgery than look into going abroad unless you just want it done now. I had a friend go back to Dr. Q but you are in a hospital with shared toilet despite having your own room, the bathrooms are shared. Unlike when he first started it was a big room with your own bathroom. Now it is just a big space with beds and shared bathroom. Tons of people, I remember at first they use to talk bad about Dr. Almanza having the same practices they do today for business. They do have other doctors besides Dr.Q doing the weight loss surgery. Just because you book with Dr.Q you need to make sure he is doing your surgery and not one of the other doctors. I think you should be about fine whomever you pick. Just remember to do your due diligence in searching