Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Researching re sleevers!!!!!

1. Salenah
    Salenah
    I need to know.....if i am making the right choice and does this work?????? Looking into>>gpoing to mexico!!!!
  2. hypn
    hypn
    Are you going for sleeving for the very first time or are you going for a gastric re-sleeve. If you are going for a re-sleeve what are the main reasons behind your decision ?

Andre Grove
    www.gastric-sleeve.info
  3. amelia
    amelia
    There are many reasons people go to be re-sleeved. You have really not given much information about your first sleeve and why you are considering a re-sleeve. When was your initial sleeve? How much have you lost? How long has your weight been stable? How well have you followed your eating plan? I was sleeved and re-sleeved in Mexico by Dr Almanza. Both times had absolutely no complications. But if you were initially sleeved in the states....get ready for a surprise when you go to Mexico! lol It is a NO FRILLS procedure and NO FRILLS aftercare! Example...if you are hurting you will not have a pump with pain med in it to hit a button...they tell you "get up and walk." lol But they do offer IV fluids, IV antibiotics, IV nausea meds and IV Tordol (non-narcotic) pain med. There is a sight on here for re-sleevers; not many in the group though. Hope you find the information you need that will help you make your decision. Good luck and happy journey! :-)
  4. toidrn
    toidrn
    How did you do with your resleeve
  5. Dutchess
    Dutchess
    Hi re sleevers. I was re sleeved recently (27 March) and would like to share some of it here. Amelia, you say there is a page here for re sleevers? Any suggestions where to find it? Would love to contact people in the same boat as me. So, if you’re reading this, re sleeved person... please respond and let’s support each other here. I find it very strange to walk the same path again... it’s the same but also so very different than the first time! I feel much more restriction now. I’m also very strict with my portion size, since that was one thing that went wrong last time. No stretching from now on.... also, I am in the process of quitting with all sugar substitutes, light drinks etc. That’s tough but I will get there I’m sure. Lastly, I made a resolve not to ever drink alcohol again. At least, I do this per day and every morning I’m sure I will manage. But the plan is to make this last forever. Not that I was an alcoholic before, but I just drank too much, and my regain sure had to do with it. So, alcohol is off-plan, too. Same goes for chocolate. It’s my very weak spot.

I have learnt so much from my first sleeve, and there’s no way I will mess up with this one.

Would love to learn how you all feel......