Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Please share your experience my surgery is March 6th

1. AdrienneS
    AdrienneS
    Hi everyone, I’ve been scheduled for my surgery on March 6th 2018. I will be flying down on the 5th for pre op testing. ( would love to know what this involves). I would love to hear about you experience, ideas on what to pack, and what my days may be like there. Anything helpful would be great. I just started my pre Op diet today of high protein low carb and of course will be doing the 4 day liquid diet.
  2. Redwan2001
    Redwan2001
    I just got back Friday I had surgery February 6th. Pack light and bring your gas-x
  3. rcupps@sbcglobal.net
    rcupps@sbcglobal.net
    Pack lite bring comfortable clothing like sweats. Gas x, Bouion cubes. It’s uncomfortable but not that bad and so worth it. Hotel staff will take good care of you.
  4. PokerGuy
    PokerGuy
    There are a lot of threads on what to pack.. Gas x STRIPS only. Not the pills... Ear plugs since your roomates will probably snore. Head phones are also a good idea. warm socks
  5. Tamera2
    Tamera2
    Hi Adrienne, The pre-op physical will be with the cardiologist who will have you fill out a couple forms,He will ask you some medical questions, listen to your heart and lungs,take your vitals,preform an EKG. Nurse will take some blood. I had an amazing experience and received the best care both at the hospital and hotel. The area around the hospital and hotel was nice and safefor my husband and I to walk all around. After you get pick upat the airport youll stop at the hospital and have your physical and pay your balance and sign consent then go to the hotel and check in and met one of the nurses,get your clear liquids and be taken to your room to get settled. Next day you get taken to the hospital were youll met your surgeon ask any questions and get prep and have surgery. When you wake up from recovery youll walk up to your room. Walking very important. Next day you’ll start on ice chips and see a doctor and if stable youll get discharged and taken to the hotel were youll be cared for by nurses 24/7 and see a doctor every day. Day 2 our driver took us shopping. You will also be taken to get a leak test day before going home. You will have free time in between things to go shopping or you can walk all around or walk down to movie theater that has reclining seats and plays movies in english with mexican subtitles.
    Pack lite. Bring any meds you take. Get any you can in liquid or find out if they can be crushed and bring a pill crusher. You wont be able to swallow a pill for at least a month.
    bring comfortable clothes, panties and pj’s.
    need to bring small bottle of hibiclens to use night of surgery and day of surgery,
    slip on shoes for hospital, gas x strips that dissolve on your tongue
    ear plugs,head phones,spending money if you want to go shopping for something to bring home.
    Boullion cubes to make broth on the plane or at hotel. Broth hotel makes didn’t taste good after surgery. Tasted good before but not after.
    Heating pad.
    Happy to answer any questions. Best decision i ever made. Living the dream. Good luck
  6. Farmer23
    Farmer23
    Bring Biotine for dry mouth!!!!!!!! It is a life saver!!
  7. wattek58
    wattek58
    where do you get the gas x strips. I have not been able to find them anywhere.