Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Need help

1. Evawaldrop
    Evawaldrop
    Hey my mother inlaw in going through and thinking about getting the sleeve however she asked my opion and i could not relate to her so i am voming here for help my quedtion is did uou regret getting the surgery and did it help at all and was there in health problems caused from it. She is a diabetic and has trouble sleeping at night uses a mask to sleep please all help needed
  2. JAG322
    JAG322
    hey there,
    it was the best decision I've ever made and wished it was done 10 years earlier....I dont have sleep apnea but it did have high blood pressure and now at 110lbs. lighter, I dont have to take any meds for high blood pressure ever again....I'm 4.5 years out and have regained 10 lbs....that is going to he a continued struggle for the rest of my life because I am a food addict....but I am happy and healthier.
    good luck with your decision, I'd do it again in a minute!!
  3. DD65
    DD65
    Hi,

Good for you for gathering information and not making a snap judgment. I agree with the previous poster, best decision I could have made. I also have gained a little back, but am working on getting it off before I gain more. I was on medication for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, used a sleep apnea machine - those are all gone. I exercise four or five days a week which was not possible before because I was in too much pain. She's lucky to have such great support. Best of luck to both of you.
  4. Evawaldrop
    Evawaldrop
    What kind of food can you have after the surgery and how much can you eat
  5. sweetie1220
    sweetie1220
    sweetie1220 - Today 04:24 PM
    Edit Report
    Well I have regained 60 or the original 80 lb lost...in a little over four years. My therapist thinks there was not enough therapy done prior to the surgery which was done when my life was a lot hectic with caregiving etc. i have gained weight by eating slider foods, the restriction is still there. I drink at times too soon after eating especially when out so not to look too different. I am addicted to carbs/sweets. I never settled my addiction problems prior to the surgery. I need help..Please no criticism or mean posts as not good for some one with depression.