Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hormones after VSG?

1. MizzzC
    MizzzC
    I would like to know from ladies who've had VSG, how long did it take your body to start having "normal" periods after surgery, if you had been abnormal from obesity prior to surgery? How long before you noticed a change in your periods at all? How long before any night sweats dissipated?

How long before you felt your estrogen stored in fat start to cause you emotional distress, if you had any? The reason I ask is, I would like to be off work when I might be acting bat shite crazy, for everyone's sake
  2. Whoopsiedaisy
    Whoopsiedaisy
    This is funny! I am going to wait for a response from a seasoned VSGer.
  3. azapolya
    azapolya
    Was hoping to get an answer to this too! Someone had mentioned it to me in passing but never went into detail.
  4. cocopebbles
    cocopebbles
    So glad someone posted this. I was sleeved in October 2014. Have had 3 periods since. Hormones are crazy. I have cramps every month but no period. And I experienced acne for the first time in my life! I think it's safe to say I'm entering menopause because I have not had a cycle this year. Anyone else?
  5. Lanette
    Lanette
    I will be happy if I just don't get fired before this ends. I had to take birth control for about 8 years before surgery to not bleed to death. lol. now with the release of the fat hormones I am always angry. it is horrible. I would not change my decision for the world. going to try taking the pills straight thru for 6 months and just have 2 periods a year. the moment I take the placebo week I am insane. not good. the dr says that at 53 I am so close to being done they wont do surgery or anything. they said that 10 years ago also. surely it will end soon.
  6. CaliDD
    CaliDD
    I had surgery on 1/29. I got my period the next week! It was much lighter than usual (thank the Lord!). I think I ovulated last night. So I don't think the surgery has affected my periods yet.

I would like to hear more about the "emotional distress" that comes from the estrogen releasing from stored fat???
  7. MizzzC
    MizzzC
    Do any other ladies have experiences to add? I’ll be getting RNY around Christmas and my hormones are in the forefront of my worries.