Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

December Sleevers

1. Johnetta
    Johnetta
    So much has happened in the past week and a half. I had my Pulmonary appt, Psych eval, Nutrition Class, Sleep study (and was diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea), Endoscopy, Primary doctor medical clearance, Cardiology (with a follow-up on December 8 for a stress test...because I have high blood pressure) and my Pre-op clearance which all my lab values came back good. I meet with my Pulmonologist again on December 14th...to go over the sleep study results and to get my CPAP machine. I have to meet with my surgeon Dr. Obradovic again on December 15th to go over any concerns and what not before my surgery date of December 19th. I have been instructed to bring my CPAP machine with me to the hospital on the day of surgery. So right now i'm praying that my stress test goes well. I can remember when I first started this journey in May 2017, the time seemed so far away, but I am realizing that my surgery is exactly 2 weeks away and I am overjoyed. My doctor also only requires me to be on a clear liquid diet for 3 days prior to the surgery. Since he took me on as a patient, he has had me on a reduced calorie diet...which mainly was high protein (lean meats and eggs), salads and fresh fruits, whole wheat bread, but low carbs. Also I thought it was strange but I'm used to being told to have nothing by mouth after midnight the day before surgery, but I was told to drink clear fluids...preferably apple juice or Gatorade up to 2 hours before arriving to the hospital. They were even specific that it needed to be between 28 to 32 ounces. I had a shocked look on my face, but was told this is to keep my blood sugar from dropping and that by the time they want me to arrive at the hospital...I may end up waiting 2 hours before I actually start the surgical procedure. So as you can see each doctor has their own protocol and I think the outcome is the same...healthy weight loss. Well enough rambling from me. I hope everyone is having an awesome day. I look forward to continuing on this journey with everyone!
  2. Tawhitevsg
    Tawhitevsg
    Good luck to you and wish you great success..my surgery is 12/18.