Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery date 12/5

1. SteelerChick
    SteelerChick
    Hoping to meet other newbies and share experiences and observations. My sleeve was just 5 days ago and went without a hitch. It was my first surgery so I had no idea what to expect. I HATED the hospital and discovered I am not a good patient! I also cannot tolerate narcotic painkillers. I was sick the entire time I was there and kept thinking it was the surgery. Nope. It was the drugs! There was a comedy of other errors related to me (nothing serious) so I couldn't wait to go home. My diet is much easier to manage at home since I am also gluten free due to celiac disease and I also have Sjogren's Syndrome so I NEED water all the time. I feel great now, no pain, except for huge bruises where the incisions were made, apparently due to blood thinners injected before surgery. They don't hurt or anything, they're just unsightly. I'm tolerating the liquid diet very well and getting in the necessary calories and protein. As a gift for embarking on my new journey, my son got me a Fitbit Alta HR and a Fitbit Aria 2 scale. Well worth the money! I love them and they make a huge difference. Who knew a scale could have wifi? Anyway, I'm looking forward to graduating to soft foods and healing up so I can get to exercising again. How is everyone else doing?
  2. Tawhitevsg
    Tawhitevsg
    Wow congrats.