Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Who is still with us!?!

1. Shirl
    Shirl
    How you doing after your 1-Year Sleeversary?

What challenges, if any, are you facing?

And, maybe this will touch a nerve, and I am sorry if it does, but if you were active on this Forum before, what's keeping you away??? Where are you getting your social support from? Or do you feel you are good???

I'm not asking to shame or make anyone feel bad, it is because starting August my life and my schedule will get hectic, and I if I stay away too long I would like someone to reach out to me to check-in.

Currently, I feel awesome still managed to lose 1 lb this month. I have about 25lbs more to lose to get to my Idea of Ideal Weight. I am not discouraged one bit, and I know with continued work I will get there and stay there.

I'm wearing size 10 clothing properly, no tight clothes for me anymore! my goal is to be wearing sizes 7 or 5 by 2nd anniversary (xing fingers and toes!)

I turned 49 years old this past April, and I knew my skin would not bounce back as easily. I hate my inner thighs, and I got a bit of batwing going on. I was looking forward to summer, but now Im looking forward to cooler weather so I can wear less revealing clothing. I really want a boob lift and tummy tuck. Maybe botox lol!

Thanks for reading.

Let's stay in touch!
  2. Pam G
    Pam G
    I'm still here, but wishing some of the folks we started with would check in, as well.

I just got 4 books from Kindle's reading list, cause I keep trying to sabotage myself. I'm hoping to find some answers.

Today I got the most meaningful comment ever from someone who didn't know me as a fat person. She said she can't imagine me as being overweight! What!? That's just crazy talk, but it really made me realize that other people see me as normal, even if I don't feel that way myself.
  3. Mrs_Wine
    Mrs_Wine
    I am here. Trying to get myself together. I hate to admit it but I gained 2 pounds this month. Can't say I don't know how, my fault. Need to keep myself accountable. I have been working out more in the past week, trying to stay more active. I am still in size 10 /M and pretty thrilled about that. Life is good otherwise. I made low carb bagels today and started to meal prep. It's about changing the lifestyle after all.
  4. Shirl
    Shirl
    Oh Pam! I am so happy you are here! I saw you posted you were going to get them. I am glad you got them!

Have you considered starting a photo journal, maybe some before and after photos side by side? It can be private and for your eyes only if you don't want other people gawking at your transformation!

One book that has been instrumental to my self-awareness and body image has been the book by Marianne Williamson "A Course In Weight Loss" it is not bariatric surgery related.
  5. Shirl
    Shirl
    Mrs_Wine, it is great to have you here too!

I have always fluctuated 3-5lbs during the month. I guess due to water retention during my menstrual period. Now that I am losing ounces instead of pounds I try to be vigilant. I weigh-in once to twice week to make sure there hasn't been a huge increase.
  6. Pam G
    Pam G
    Shirl, I'm getting a DEXA scan this Friday!! I hope I'm all muscle and 12% body fat! LOLOL!!
  7. Shirl
    Shirl
    Pam, that's awesome! Where are you going to get it? Crossing fingers and toes for you!
  8. Tandem
    Tandem
    I actually had my surgery in June 2016 but thought I'd respond anyway. I used to check the forum everyday but as I've settled into my new eating habits and accepted that i will lose weight slower than "normal" I haven't felt the need to review the board that often. To date I've lost about 90 pounds since my initial consultation with the surgeon in February 2016.
    I'd like to lose another 25 pounds but I'm not stressed about it. I work out about 5 days a week. Over the last few weeks I've been concentrating on strength training. I'm in a size 14 and sometimes a 12 (previously a 22).
    Some days i just don't feel like eating much
    ..so I don't. I am one of those people whose taste buds have changed since the surgery. I still struggle with sweet and some days my cravings are worse than others but I don't feel out of control as I once did.
    I still feel like this was one of the best decisions if ever made and I don't regret it for a minute.