Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

8 Days Post Surgery - Checking in

1. pswoods72
    pswoods72
    Hello all,

I had my surgery on October 9th and just curious how everyone else is doing who has had their surgery already? The hardest thing right now for me is wrapping my head around the fact that I can only really take in 3 Tablespoons of food at a meal. I was back to work a week after the surgery and feeling better every day!

-Pam
  2. Barbzilla
    Barbzilla
    Hi, Pam!

I had my surgery October 6, and I can relate to that disconnect between the new anatomy and the desire to conduct business as usual. I LOVE my iced tea (decaf, of course) and I have to constantly remind myself that I can't knock it back anymore like I'm filming a Lipton commercial, LOL! I've been "eating" cautiously (soups, thin puree, liquids) and am getting ready to have a more traditional breakfast today for the first time since surgery: egg white, cottage cheese and very thin, ground oatmeal if I have room for any of it. Wish me luck!

I'm feeling a little better each day post-op. Fatigue is an issue right now, but I have no pain and my clothes are already fitting better. This will be an interesting journey to say the least!

Pam, it's soooooo good to connect with others like you who are fresh off the surgery. I hope we can help each other navigate the many new -- and sometimes strange -- experiences that go along with the sleeved life. Please feel free to reach out to me on the forums or privately if you need to vent or exchange ideas.

Peace ....
  3. blondie11.11
    blondie11.11
    Hi Pam!
    My surgery was October 4th and I am still going through the same thoughts although, I haven't had food yet so I am sure that when the time comes this Friday where I can start to "eat" I will experience that. My protein shakes are sure able to fit in my tummy. I drink 3.5 ounces and can easily put in more than 3 Tbsp at a time. Feeling fatigue is what most of those in my group that had the procedure are experiencing all together. We are still at the point of just getting ready to get our stitches out. It's going to be a change trying to "wrap our minds" around what the new "norm" will be. I am excited to hear of everyone's loss experience! I am not seeing the loss like they are with 2lbs a day, I haven't lost weight in a couple days which is hard to believe since I am on a liquid diet. But know that I am sticking to the rules and it will eventually come off. Welcome to the Journey with all the rest of us! <3 ~ Carol
  4. Pheeel21
    Pheeel21
    My surgery was October 2, 2017. I was two days in the hospital, minimal pain. The first week I was tired in the afternoon and took a nap. Love my recliner. The second week was much better, more energy, more walking. I walk 1.5-2.5 miles everyday. Just started my Phase III diet. Adding, cottage cheese, beans, thin chili, fruit, spinach and fruit smoothies and will start adding more and more solid type things. Had my 2 week check up and the doctor says everything looks great. I am really learning how much to eat to feel full. If I take one or two too many tablespoons of soup I feel uncomfortable, I need to learn the signs of when I am full. If I sit for 15-20 minutes the uncomfortable feeling subsides.

overall I am very pleased, I lost 19 on the two week pre-op diet and 16 lbs post surgery in 16 days. Should have done this 10 years ago.
    Best of luck to all you October sleeve friends. Work hard your worth it!
  5. pswoods72
    pswoods72
    Glad it is going so well for everyone! I'm getting through the psychological part each day in terms of the amount of food I can consume. I found that I had regret at first but now that I am on solids, I am not feeling deprived mentally.
  6. belindagale
    belindagale
    Hiya all... my surgery was OCT 16 . I am on liquids for one more month graduate to puree on NOV 16 and solids in Dec. I just can't wait to leave liquids I find a struggle to drink enough have a upset feeling tummy and one of my many meds prescribe is giving me hives so not much relief with those. I exp the acid reflux with my hospital tomato protein soup just one time. I am hoping puree calms me down but I do agree each day gets easier and I was giving 2 weeks off work. thanks for allowing me to whine
  7. Mohawk
    Mohawk
    Hello my surgery was October 12th. I too am having a hard with the portion size. I have not yet eaten to the point of pain or vomiting but I do get a heavy feeling and a lot of belching. Food does not taste the same either. In my program I am able to have soft foods, tuna/fish and can add chicken is small portions. I feel like I am over eating because I have stalled with weight loss the last few days. I can’t seem to muster up the energy to exercise either. ReadIng all of your posts is encouraging but I still have a hard time visualizing myself being anything but overweight. Tomorrow is a new day.
  8. NewSue16
    NewSue16
    Hi, my surgery was October 30th. I only had to stay on liquids for the first week. Much prefer pureed food. Feeling much better except for feeling tired. I think my biggest problem is going to be documenting what I eat so I know I have taken in enough protein. Gas is much better this week. I have a bad back to walking any distance it out for me. I have been going to Walmart or Meijer and walking around with a cart.