Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What portion of the stomach is removed?

1. EKPenguinLover
    EKPenguinLover
    Hey all! So I've been doing research on the surgery before my surgery date. I know that the upper part of the fundus is removed, but there are multiple layers to the stomach from what I have found. Each layer can have an affect how your body reacts to different things as you add them back in. So I was just trying to figure out what portion of the stomach Dr. Almanza removes? I also wondered, this is probably more of a newbie question, but is the gastric sleeve surgery Dr. Almanza does the "vsg" surgery? Thanks so much for your help!
  2. Dino
    Dino
    Hi yes Svg is surgical sleeve. He removes 85% of the which includes the gerhman hormone that lets makes you feel hungers
  3. EKPenguinLover
    EKPenguinLover
    Do you happen to know which scientific portion it is? Like the name of the 85% he removes?
    I also read that the portion of the stomach that creates the gerhman hormone only produces 70% of the bodies gerhman levels. So it doesn't completely remove it from your body, but it does remove the majority of the hormone. Of course, I am not a doctor, so I don't really know if that is true.
  4. FantaSleeve
    FantaSleeve
    I don't know what parts he removes, but I do know that there is first a layer of staples, then he rolls the staples up and sutures them, then rolls the sutures and sutures again, then glues it. He told my group that this was for extra Suport and so you don't leak after surgery.
  5. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    You should reach out to the Weight loss Agents via phone, text, email and they will provide you with the info you need
  6. whlatimer
    whlatimer
    Just to clarify, according to webMD, "Ghrelin" is a hormone that increases appetite, and also plays a role in body weight.
  7. EKPenguinLover
    EKPenguinLover
    @GigiUSA am you! I didn't know if they would know that. I will do that. Thank you so much!