Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New Sleeve

1. HappyJoy53
    HappyJoy53
    Hello, I am two days post surgery. Just wanted to pop on and let you guys know all went well. Sore and still lots of gas that doesn't want to leave but I am able to have Jello and diluted juice today. Not feeling a lot of thirst or hunger right now so just trying to keep up with what they tell me to do. More to come.
  2. PokerGuy
    PokerGuy
    Glad to hear you are doing well. How long did they have you on the pre op diet for before your surgery?
  3. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    Thank you Joy for the update!!! Glad you are doing so well. (HUGS) Can't wait to hear how your experience has been. Here's to continued recovery!!! xoxoxo
  4. rcupps@sbcglobal.net
    rcupps@sbcglobal.net
    Congrats on changing your life!
  5. teacher31
    teacher31
    I had mine done on Monday 6/26 too. A bit nauseous since I got home last night but called mt dr this am and she gave me an Rx to help. So far pretty easy to get down the liquids and protein. My stomach actually feels better when I do the protein drink. Thanks for listening now time for a short walk!
  6. theirmomma
    theirmomma
    Had mine 6/19. Feeling well. No physical issues. Struggling with protein shakes tho. They make me neasous.
  7. Tamera2
    Tamera2
    Welcome to the Loser's Club
    Glad everything went well and your following the doctors instructions. Important to stay hydrated. Sip even if your not thirsty and walk frequently and add milage to your walking each week if able. You may want to look into getting a Fitbit watch. I find it very helpful and a lot of fun too. I have friends on there I compete with in fun competitions. I just got rid of my bi-pap and oxygen machines. Don't know what your weight is but you have so much to look forward too. I went from hardly able to move to climbing mountains, hiking and cycling at least 45miles round trip. Having the time of my life. I wish you much success and happiness. Please check in down the road and let us know how your doing.
  8. HappyJoy53
    HappyJoy53
    PokerGuy, they only had me do a three day preop diet. Many in my group had 7-10 days though.
  9. HappyJoy53
    HappyJoy53
    Hello there! I am now 6 days post surgery. I am doing very well so far, I think. I am trying to walk a lot and trying to not over do it and lift or push and pull. Because I don't have much pain it is a bit tempting to try to do more than I should at this stage. I am drinking my water all day. This week was only clear liquid (water, broth, sf koolaid, etc). Tomorrow I can start on week two diet which is the addition of protein shakes to my clear liquids. I can imagine the urge for solids is going to get worse and worse. Any tips for overcoming that during the post op period? I still feel rather bloated and gassy although nothing is happening that is changing that really. Not sure how to get rid of the last gas.

I can swallow pretty normal drinks of water at this time. I keep seeing sip, sip sip. It isn't a problem if I can drink more than a sip without filling full is it? Or is there another reason I should only take tiny sips?
  10. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    Joy I am glad you are doin SO well ( hugs!!!)
  11. Martini
    Martini
    @ happyjoy53 that is a great question. is there aproblem with you drinking full swallows insted of sips? i would like to know