Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

ontario

1. purplelace70
    purplelace70
    Any one from TO area?
  2. mlola
    mlola
    Hey,
    I am. I'm 4 months post op and down almost 40 pounds so far.
  3. Oakleygirl
    Oakleygirl
    I am in Belleville and planning on a July sleeve date... have it down to two surgeons at the moment so doing my research on them and looking for posts from others who have had them. I know my husband will have some real issues with me going to Mexico alone for this so I will have to have done all the legwork before I tell him! Would love to connect with anyone else from Ontario about the ins and outs of travel to Mexico, etc...
  4. breastcancermedic
    breastcancermedic
    I go to Mexico in 21 days and have choosen Dr. Kelly. I have been in contact with Cristy the contact for Dr. Kelly and she has been so helpful. I have thought about this for many years as I was a yo yo dieter. I decided early Dec 2012 that I was in a place in my life where I was ready to go a head and take control back. I have a very supportive boyfriend, but was a bit worried telling him. To my surprise he is standing right beside me in my decesion and just wants to see me healthy. I stared my pre op protein shake diet today even tho I really dont have to do it. But thinking i better start the routine sooner then later, I am actually doing well
  5. maani
    maani
    I am in Ottawa, just recently joined gastricsleeve.com and considering getting a sleeve done in Mexico, Iooking at surgery with Dr. Almanza and was encouraged to join this forum but still doing research before I book surgery date. Possible dates would be late April or May 2013. Was on fence about band or VSG but want a permenant solution so at moment leaning toward VSG. Still trying to gain buy in from the husband, he thinks Im nuts to get surgery and unsure about mexico. His stance was if OHIP covers it then sure get it done, but does not like the idea of paying even if in mexico its a third the price than here. Anyhoo nice to meet you ONT ladies
    Audrey-Maani
  6. Sweet flower
    Sweet flower
    Hi there Ontarioans
    I'm from kitchener. I had the surgery in Juarez Mexico dec 6/2012. I paid $6500 w dr Rodriguez. The best experience ever. Never regreted it. I'm down 45lbs. I flew with a family member. Husband and family very supportive. I recommend go for it ladies be brave. There is no other alternative for people like us.
  7. kittyhawk1999
    kittyhawk1999
    I am from Ontario and have gone through the process in Ottawa, I will be having surgery on May 1st, and all my follow up appointments will be in Kingston at the new Bariatrics Centre. I am on day 5 of liquid diet, only 16 more days to go! the Opti Fast is 'ok' and I do not feel hungry, the 'reality' of surgery has finally hit the day I started my liquid diet. I have been researching everything over and over again, trying to get every answer to every question, and yet I come up with another scenario or thought. Hope you don't mind my ramblings and questions...

Cat
  8. JillianMarie73
    JillianMarie73
    Hello everyone, I am getting Sleeved by Dr. Rodriguez in Juarez on Friday... super excited and nervous all in one. I am also from Kitchener, Ontario.
  9. Chantale
    Chantale
    OakleyGirl which two Doctors have you gotten it down to?
  10. fcprincess
    fcprincess
    I'm from St. Thomas Ontario, getting the sleeve done in Guelph, a few months ago I saw that it is covered here by OHIP. How long does it take to get your surgery here? I have my first session August 8th 2013.
  11. maani
    maani
    HI all Ontarians!
    news update I have a surgery date! Nov.19th with Dr. Ariel Ortiz at OCC in TJ Mexico! today is Day 1 of my pre-op diet! so far soo good, excited and nervous but its all good.
  12. Theresa2
    Theresa2
    Had my surgery Jan 13th. Had to wait a year because Bariatric clinic in Hamilton is so busy. Once you're on the list it's quick. My first appointment was August and my surgery was January. They did 4 surgeries that day. Follow up at the clinic is great.
  13. Canadiannie1970
    Canadiannie1970
    I am from Sarnia Ontario. I've been doing my work up for the sleeve in Windsor Ontario. I was referred by my family doctor to the bariatric program in Windsor Ontario and after assessment I was approved. Everything is covered by OHIP except for the pre liquid diet and the travel expenses. My first information session was in September 2014. My surgery would've been sooner but I had a 1 year delay due to some medical issues and illness. People in the program I am in usually get approved for surgery in about 8 months from the time of the initial information session. Once you have been cleared by the social work, nutritional & bariatrician, and attended all the appointments, and gotten all the necessary medical tests ...it goes quickly! My surgery is scheduled for October 20 in Toronto at St. Michael's Hospital. Dr. Grantcharov is my surgeon. I Started my pre-surgical liquid diet on September 22nd. It is called Optifast 900. I am to have 4 shakes a day, I can also have sugar-free Jell-O, sugarfree Popsicles, and one cup of chicken broth per day. I have found it very difficult to get the 4th shake in me every day. I don't always succeed. The hunger at times has been brutal. I am on a 4 week pre-liquid diet regimen. I am surprised that I have complied 100%. I never thought I could go this long without cheating, but I guess the seriousness of having an actual surgery scheduled has kept me in line. I have been so hungry, but mostly the first week. After day 10 it was much easier and the hunger now is pretty much nonexistent. I am craving solid foods but not so much because I'm hungry, more because I just want to eat something solid like a sandwich or a piece of chicken or salad. But that will come. I have lost 31 pounds since September 22nd which amazes me. This Optifast really does work. Just praying that my liver is shrinking enough. I guess they won't know until they get inside. My fear is at an all-time high. I hope it calms down a little bit. October 20th, almost here!
  14. Bariatricbabe
    Bariatricbabe
    Hi neighbours! I am from the south shore of Lake Simcoe in a town called Sutton in York Region. Nice to meet yoh