Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

One month post-sleeve

1. Shortchicks2
    Shortchicks2
    Hey everyone! So... it's been just over a month since my sleeve surgery. I have been healing very well. My biggest problem is my fluid intake. I still find it hard to drink and eat. Because of this I feel weak and nauseous most of the time. I am taking my vitamins daily. Is anyone else having these same issues? Can anyone tell me how long it takes to be past this point?
  2. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    I'm so sorry you are still so weak and having trouble with fluids and food. I am still pre-op so I can't help. You might want to post on the main board. I have seen a lot of people talking about ways to get in their fluids/food. (hugs)
  3. TarotAces
    TarotAces
    Try having fluids at different temperatures. For some people cold doesn't go down easily, some people have issues with warm or hot fluids not going down.

Also, try different fluids. For example: I have trouble drinking Crystal Light but if I add Mio to my water it goes down well. Also, adding a splash of lemon juice to my water helps it go down easier as well.

Hope you figure out how to get in your fluids. It's a process. Hang in there.
  4. Vanessa7
    Vanessa7
    I took me about 2 months to feel somewhat "normal". As soon as you get back on solids it will get better. I still have a hard time getting my water in at about 4 months in. Stay strong