Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

5/23 Surgery Date

1. Shortchicks2
    Shortchicks2
    So I made the journey with my daughter driving across the country from our home in Alabama and arrived in San Diego today. Tomorrow we go to the airport to catch the shuttle to Mexico. My daughter and I are scheduled to have the sleeve surgery on Tuesday the 23rd. Tonight I am so anxious I find it hard to sleep. I am so excited, anxious, nervous... but glad it is finally happening! I am so thankful to all those who have posted about their experience. It has strengthened me in so many ways, and encouraged me in my journey. I am hoping all will go well for both my daughter and I.... I will keep you posted!
  2. Mkaps
    Mkaps
    Congrats a mind good luck to you both! I look forward to following your journey as I prepare for my own!
  3. Mkaps
    Mkaps
    *and (autocorrect failure or fat thumbs, haha)
  4. Pattimelt
    Pattimelt
    Congratulations! All will be well, and you will enjoy meeting Dr. Almanza and his staff. I was sleeved by him on April 19, and I'm doing really well. Best wishes!
  5. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    Please do keep us posted!!! I am scheduled with Dr. Almanza in July and have been encouraged too by the experience of others. Best of luck to you and your daughter. What an awesome experience for you both to share together. (hugs)
  6. rcupps@sbcglobal.net
    rcupps@sbcglobal.net
    You will do great! I had my sleeve on March 14th and I'm down 78 pounds! Just do what they tell you and it will all be good. Prayers for a fast recovery!
  7. jmginney
    jmginney
    Congratulations and Good Luck!! My husband and I board the plane Thursday to fly down, my surgery is scheduled for Friday. Keep us posted on your journey!!
  8. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    Can't wait to hear how you both are doing!!!!
  9. yolymarie
    yolymarie
    I hope you guys are doing well
  10. Shortchicks2
    Shortchicks2
    Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that my daughter and I are doing great! We had to do a big road trip after the surgery... so being on the road post-surgery has been hard. We are currently in Texas... about 12 hours from home. We haven't had any complications. We will get out stitches out after we get home. The worst part of it all is the antibiotic pills after leaving the facility. SUPER GROSS!!! I don't know how it could be made better but I hope they figure something out! Other than that... so far so good. Haven't been able to weigh yet but will do that when we get home. I have had the best luck with smoothies and soups. I try to keep a bottle of water or gatorade handy and try to just sip sip sip. One thing I have noticed is that when I eat or drink my chest gets tight. Does that go away?