Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

April 25th, 2017

1. Megg
    Megg
    I got the call today! My surgery date has been set for April 25th. I am so excited and a little nervous. I have waited a long time to get here and now that I am I want to cry with joy. I have spent the last 5 years of my life struggling with my weight. Yo-yo'd a little bit for a couple years but then that stopped and I just kept gaining. I was depressed about it. I have had a lot going on in my life recently and this has been the best news I have heard all week. I start my pre-op diet on Tuesday the 11th, and it's a little different from the diet I was originally told I was going to have to be on. I am able to actually eat 1 meal a day up to the day before surgery along with 4 protein shakes and my 64oz of sugar free liquids. So I have 4 days to celebrate my birthday ( my birthday is the 18th ) I want to have my slice of cake before I can't!
    When is everyone else's dates?
  2. CourtneyStPete
    CourtneyStPete
    Hey there! Congrats on getting your surgery date!!! My story is very similar to yours with past dieting/depression.... My surgery is scheduled for April 20th!! I'm so excited!!! I've been jumping through the insurance hoops for the past 6 months.
    I started my pre-op diet on Thursday. My surgeon has us buy these shakes called Optifast from them. I have to drink 5 a day, 64 oz of water, and sugar free jello, popsicles, and 1 boullion in hot water if you get lightheaded lol.... I'm starving! At least you get to eat a little during your pre-op!!
  3. Megg
    Megg
    Yes, I am excited as well! It's nice to have other pre op patients to chat with about the surgery. I start my diet on Tuesday. I celebrated my birthday today because I figurued I wouldn't be able to have cake and ice cream for a very long time haha. I am glad that I can eat a little bit with my diet. My mom had gastric bypass when I was younger and she got to eat whatever she wanted before surgery. Lucky lady!
    I hear that you don't feel hungry after surgery so as long as you stay strong until the 20th you will be fine. I wish you luck with your surgery!