Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Over 50, who is with me??? Nothing posted since 2015

1. Faithful
    Faithful
    Hi all
    The last post I can find for this group is from 2015. There just has to be a bunch more who are over 50. I am 51 and from Canada. I am having gastric sleeve in Tijuana, Mexico on December 28, 2016. Hoping to connect and share this journey with others around the same age.
  2. wvrnsson
    wvrnsson
    I turned 50 5 months ago and had my sleeve done 2 weeks ago, but have posted in the regular forums because like you said, nothing's posted in here. Good luck on your journey.
  3. paulc
    paulc
    Hi, was sleeved in June 2015.my life has totally changed,been lylng on the beach for the last week in Spain, I lost 10 stones. Diabetes gone sleep apnea gone blood pressure gone, no medication at all now. I am doing a 16 mile challenge next week. I'visit hado no problems at all. And i'my 57 yeas old, and no skin. My daughterror Iso being sleeved in 6 weeks time. Best wishes to you all you will never look back
  4. paulc
    paulc
    Sorry about the typing, I'm doing it on my cell phone
  5. helen5188
    helen5188
    Glad there are other 50+ sleever's out there. Got my sleeve 9/14/2015. Best decision of my life - lost 85 lbs and gained 15 back. BUT I now have lost 5 lbs so I'm back on tract for the last 27 lbs to go. It's so much fun to put on clothes that fit snug and I'm not embarrassed. The program works - you just have to stick to it and behave....
  6. Jackie12
    Jackie12
    I'm 52, and I'm just waiting on a confirmed surgery date, which will probably be sometime in mid to late October. I wish I had done this a long time ago, but I kept thinking I would someday have insurance that would cover at least part of the costs. I finally got tired of waiting and am going the self-pay route.
  7. Pattimelt
    Pattimelt
    Hi, I'm almost 59 and will have my surgery in April or May. I also wondered if anyone getting sleeved is close to my age, I seem a lot older than most. But it's the right decision for me, even at this age, because I want the rest of my life to be happy and healthy. Good luck to you! Cheers, Patti
  8. Carolgold
    Carolgold
    I've just joined the group. Am 58 years old so Pattimelt you are not alone! I had concerns about my age but was reassured by my surgeon that it was not a problem and the sleeve will change my health outlook and so much more.I am hoping to get a surgery date in February but I have much work to do before then. Luckily I have been seeing a nutritionist for many months and my efforts are well documented. The only thing that may hold up the date is that I want to absolutely feel ready. I have my first meeting next week with a support group and with the surgeons nutritionist. I will know a lot more then. Reading many ofthe other posts have left me a bit overwhelmed - I am confident but very nervous about my life being so completely different.
  9. Dawnislas
    Dawnislas
    I'm 55 and had my sleeve done September 13. I am down 42 lbs and gone from a 16w to a size 10-12. I feel great and am off my blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes medicine. My 2 complaints is that my arms are really saggy and my granddaughter keeps asking to "play" with them and I am losing handfuls of hair. My life is so much better now.
  10. lottie
    lottie
    Hey Faithful
    I'm in Canada and having my surgery on the 22 of December in Quebec! Good luck to you!!
  11. Leslieann
    Leslieann
    Hi ! I'm 58 and having my surgery JAN 5. Boy. am I getting nervous! The 20th is my pre-op and the 22nd is my Endoscopy. Then I get to start my 2 week pre-op diet.

I just say let's get-er done!!!
  12. DesertGal
    DesertGal
    Hello? Any over 50s out there? I don't have a date yet and just beginning my requirements for insurance company but figure it will be in March or April 2017. I'm excited but anxious and nervous, but have to go forward.
  13. Westy
    Westy
    I am 58..Had surgery on Monday home on Weds and just fixed dinner with my son's and wives...I am truly blessed
  14. May254us
    May254us
    Hello. I'm 59 (turning 60 next week). I had my surgery on Dec. 5. I am 3 weeks out. Have lost 52 lbs total (36 pre-op and 16 post-op). Just joined today and I'm looking to share our journeys together.
  15. harleysmom
    harleysmom
    Hi all. I hit the big 5-0 last summer. I am scheduled for the sleeve on 2/28/17 (next week). I will keep on progress. Looking to others for what to expect.
  16. Jackie12
    Jackie12
    I'm still here. I'm 53 and had my surgery 16 weeks ago. I'm down exactly 100 lbs -- 28 before surgery over a period of three months, and then 72 since mid-October. I'm thrilled with my results so far. The health benefits are the best, though -- off all my meds for high bp, diabetes, and high cholesterol. Best of luck to you, harleysmom, and feel free to message me if you need some input from someone a few months post-surgery.
  17. bigdogluver
    bigdogluver
    Harleysmom - I'm sending you good thoughts and vibes. I hope your surgery goes well.
    Hi all, I'm 56 and my surgery is on 3/22/17, looking for friends to walk with along this journey of ours.
  18. mommag17
    mommag17
    Hi I had surgery three weeks ago...experiencing some not so pleasant things unfortunately...first severe spasms any time i drank anything...that got better and now anything that is not liquid is making me sick..so sick that i actually threw up...anyone else experience any of this...feeling a little depressed...only one i know who this has not gone smoothy for.