Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Exercise

1. elle77
    elle77
    How is everyone doing with Exercise?

Do you still have trouble going? Do you love it? What do you love to do? What works for you?

I was going so much 4-6 times a week for almost 2 hours a day and then I got swamped with work. Trying to find a balance between school, work, my kids, and my home.

I do love the gym but lately finding time has been hard. I am thinking of going at night time now just so I can get it in.
    My favorites were the Elliptical machine, Treadmill and weights. Squats and sit ups are my new at home thing. So I guess I am still doing something even though it does not feel like much.

I need to find a routine and stick to it.
  2. Marian
    Marian
    At the gym I do treadmill with a 10% incline. I find it helps my knees. Then I have this strength routine I do. I am back to pre surgery or more weights on the strength machines, for which I am quite pleased. I was weak as a kitten when I started back. I have had a few incidents at the gym where I ran completely out of juice. That was pretty awful.
    Lately I have been taking the dog for more strenuous walks too. It is amazing what losing 20% of your body weight will do for your stamina. All in all I am doing fairly well with the exercising right now, all though I don't find it to have the huge impact on my mood that it used to. Which is a bummer cause I could use the boost...
  3. elle77
    elle77
    I was having issues where I was almost passing out! I wasn't eating carbs before the gym so I would run out of gas super quick. My Dr. told me to eat carbs before I go and ever since then I have the energy to push through. I'm starting a new schedule next week to get back on track. I am still losing weight with stalls here and there but it is coming off. I fluctuate between a size 14-16 now. The 18's are so big on me in the legs. Its so strange to accidentally grab my old jeans 24-26 and realize how big I really was.
  4. Christie13
    Christie13
    Great job with focusing on exercising ladies! So much good happens when we exercise!
  5. elle77
    elle77
    Yes it does. Even though the last 4 days for me have been kind of meh. I'm still trying to get something in. Trying to stay FOCUSED!!!