Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How's it going April Sleevers?

1. KZmom
    KZmom
    I'm almost 2 months out now. What is everyone eating? Any good ideas?
  2. SweetCaroline
    SweetCaroline
    I love Parmesan crusted Tilapia from Costco. I also love the tuna packs from starkist.
  3. brandyr
    brandyr
    I eat pretty much everything - just tiny amounts I'm 44lbs down since April 13
    How are you guys doing?
  4. Mom2sdd
    Mom2sdd
    I'm down 47 lbs since surgery on 4/8/16. I feel good and have been hitting the gym at least 3 or 4 days a week. Weight loss isn't as fast as it was in the beginning. I average 2 to 3 lbs a week. Wondering if that's normal? Also, I drink 4 to 5 bottles of water a day but still waking up with leg cramps every night. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions?
  5. Mistersmom
    Mistersmom
    Just wondering.....I still have scabs on my incisions. Anyone else? Surgery was 4/27
  6. Sara513
    Sara513
    Hi, had surgery April 5th. Had complications and spent a week on the hospital. Had serious regrets at the time and thought I would never feel normal again. Was nauseous a the time and couldn't even keep water down. Feel back to normal now but I think the empty feeling I always have is something I have to get used to. I think it comes with the territory. As far as food, I never know what to eat. Most things don't taste the same anymore and food is just not enjoyable any longer. I find myself eating only because I know I have to get I the protein. I am down 50 pounds coming up to three months on July 5th. Haven't done any exercise yet but with the weight loss I am feeling like I have the energy to start. I know there is a web site for baraitric recipes which looked good. Sara
  7. koneal
    koneal
    I eat and drink everything (not together) in much smaller portions. I'm down 45 lbs since April 11th surgery. I've dropped 4 sizes. I walk and do hot yoga most days. I feel great. The weight comes off much slower now, about 2-3 pounds per week, but I'm still losing so I'm happy about that. I have absolutely NO regrets about doing the surgery. I love my new body and life!
  8. Mom2sdd
    Mom2sdd
    @Mistersmom... I no longer have scabs but it did take a long time. It was about two weeks ago when I realized the last one wasn't there anymore. My surgery was 4/8.
  9. Mom2sdd
    Mom2sdd
    @Sara513 ... I hope things turn around for you and you find foods that you enjoy again. I have used Pinterest a lot to get recipe ideas for us sleevers. Good luck to you!
  10. JennK
    JennK
    Hi All,

My surgery was April 11. I am 42 lbs down. Loosing about 2 lbs a week. No scabs on scars, just starting to fade in redness. I am eating small amounts of most things. No raw veggies or crunchy stuff, but I do have a small amount of rice once in a while ( after my protein). Loving it... Already had to buy some smaller clothes, even to I have another 35 lbs to loose!
  11. SweetCaroline
    SweetCaroline
    My surgery was April 6th and I'm down 45#'s. Like most here, I eat everything but some things do bother me more than others: fruit bothers me, raw veggies do too. And if I over-eat (which isn't often but it has happened), holy crap is it painful! Definitely motivates me to eat slower and to be mindful of the amount! My scabs have been gone for a long time but now my scars are super itchy. Over-all, I'm very pleased with the results so far; I have a long way to go though.
  12. Ranger1
    Ranger1
    My surgery was 4-19 and as of today I have lost 51# although my weight loss seems to be slowing down. I have to wear smaller pants now but some of my shirts are still in use but baggy. I can eat most anything now but try to keep the slider foods to a minimum. Not much physical hunger. Do have some "head hunger" which causes me to consume more calories than I should be at this point. I'm making an effort to reel that in some so I can continue to lose weight at a decent clip. I'm exercising regularly now too.
  13. Sunshines4u2
    Sunshines4u2
    My surgery was 4/29 & I am down 34 lbs... It's slowing down a lot.

Hi

I haven't been out to this website since my surgery... How are you doing? I had pretty rapid weight loss the first 3 weeks... But it significantly slowed down now that I am eating solid foods again. I am at 34 lbs and I will be at two months out next week.

Are you having any issues eating? I can't eat too much at meal time and I really don't feel all that great right after eating... Feel like I need to burp but I can't get it out... Wonder if I am eating too much (it seems like such a little bit). I find that I feel better just grazing and picking here & there through out the day.
  14. magnifica
    magnifica
    Hello Sunshine,

I was praying and searching for someone like you but I got a little depressed.
    I sais to myself I better find someone for support before I throw my hands up and consider myself a failure.

I had my sleeve April 11th. Outside of my High Blood Pressure going to through the roof my surgery was fine.

You and I do have something in common.
    I was around 225lbs for about 10 years. I was a yo-yo dieter.

So I lost 15lbs pre-op diet. I was 210 before surgery. April and May my weight dropped consistently.
    Since the end of June I have been 180lbs.

I try to drink the 40 oz. of water but can barely drink and get the 60grams of protein I need.
    My hair is falling out!
    I feel like I have to burp also but can't. I get hiccups every time I eat.
    I have not gained weight but I haven't been losing either.

What am I doing wrong?

Sincerely,
    Magnifica
  15. magnifica
    magnifica
    Hi Everyone,
    I your help! I was sleeved April 11th. I was 215 and by July I was down to 180 lbs.
    I walk a good 30-40 minutes daily. I drink 6 glasses daily. I take my vitamins.

I have not lost a pound since July and I am worried.

Any suggestions?

Magnifica
  16. Mom2sdd
    Mom2sdd
    Hi Magnifica...
    I was sleeved April 8. Started at 268 and today I am 206. The weight loss is very slow now. Sometimes 1 pound a week sometimes 2 weeks. I am exercising, drinking water, still doing high protein and low carb eating. I eat very small portion meals. Unfortunately, my schedule is so crazy that often I'm only eating 2 meals a day with a protein shake for a snack. Also, I won't allow myself to eat if I don't feel hungry. I don't want to eat just because I think I have to eat. My doctor told me to quit stepping on the scale every day. It's messing with my head!

I wish I had some suggestions or advice to help you. I think it's just a slow process and not a quick fix. Just keep fighting the fight and don't get discouraged. That's what I keep telling myself.
  17. Sunshines4u2
    Sunshines4u2
    Well it's mid September now - I had my surgery on 4/29 so it's been a little over 4 mos. I am happy to report that I am down 51 lbs.... but it is much slower than the first 2 mos. I'm okay with that, at least I am heading in the right direction! My biggest concern is the amount of hair that I loose on a daily basis...OMG I have (or should I say had) a lot of hair, but it's starting to scare the hell out of me. I imagine this is from not enough protein, which I was guilty of! I am starting to really concentrate on the protein consumption and eating protein bars & drinks more. But it's definitely a struggle! I wonder how long it will fall out for? I also started taking bariatric vitamins, that I should have started immediately when I got home, but you know how it is - you are the last one that you take care of in the house!

Other than this issue, I am super excited getting back into some clothes that I haven't wore for years. I lost the weight that I gained from the pregnancy of my last child (only took 10 yrs), know I have one more to go (gained 40 lbs with the first one) - then I will be at my before kids weight - which was heavy but I still felt sexy! It's a journey.....

I would love to hear if anyone else is experiencing some of this!
  18. KZmom
    KZmom
    I was sleeved April 20. I lost 20lb prior to surgery. Since surgery I have lost 62lb in almost 6 months. My diet has not been the greatest as I would have liked. My work was bad and I'm trying to change that and stress was high. I was eating all the wrong things. But it has gotten better. So I've lost a total of 82lb and feel so much better. Has anyone else had struggles eating the right foods? I know my weight loss has slowed down but I'm hoping to get back on track.
  19. shymamichula
    shymamichula
    It's the end of January and I've lost a total of almost 70lbs I look and feel wonderful I would do it all over again