Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Strange things that happen to you.

1. elle77
    elle77
    Weird thing that started happening to me is severe toe cramps.
    Only on my middle toe. I take all of my vitamins, so I'm trying to figure out what's causing it. All of my labs and vitamins are normal. Waiting for an answer from my Dr.

Anyone else experiencing strange stuff?
  2. Marian
    Marian
    How odd! Is it the middle toe on both feet? Do tell what your doc says! For me the strangest thing is the sensation of heat way low in my belly when I drink tea. But I also have some rather unpleasant feelings of utter exhaustion during workouts. I just can't work out anywhere near what I used to. I will run out of energy about halfway through my routine. It is very frustrating, cause the motivation is there, just not the power to follow through. I am due for my two month checkup this week. Going to take it up with the physiotherapist.
  3. Jeanne Loves the Sun
    Jeanne Loves the Sun
    Hi Elle,
    As a nurse the first thing that comes to mind is, fluids. Are you drinking enough? Also, low magnesium can be a culprit. A good friend of mine frequently experiences leg cramps in night and she keeps a can of v8 or tomato juice on nightstand. Are you a smoker? Do you stand a lot? Just remember too, with our sleeves sometimes things aren't absorbed as well, vitamin wise. That was a surprise to me as this is a restrictive surgery rather than malabsorptive.
    Good luck and I hope you get it under control soon.
  4. Jeanne Loves the Sun
    Jeanne Loves the Sun
    Marian, I too had utter exhaustion for the first 4 weeks after surgery. I did walk most days if it wasn't too cold or snowy. Once my calorie intake improved so did my stamina. I'm back at gym ( happened after 4 weeks) and am pleased with how great I'm feeling. My trainer had me add 2 snacks per day. My dietician didn't want me snacking but I went with the trainers advice and I feel so much better for it. My snack is a healthy one such as string cheese, nuts ( almonds) or maybe veggie with hummus. I drink my protein drink after workout too. My multivitamin has iron in too. Good luck. Drink lots of water too!
  5. Christie13
    Christie13
    My only strange thing is all my gas and tummy noises. I burp, get hiccups, fart (usually silent and odorless thank goodness), and my tummy is a talker (luckily mostly at night).
  6. elle77
    elle77
    Hi!!

Ok @Marian, its the two middle toes on both feet. My Dr. told me to eat carbs before my workout to prevent me from passing out. I was having this issue and now it has stopped.

@Jeanne loves the Sun-V8 is a good idea. All of my levels are fine according to my blood panel but sometimes I still feel like I'm NOT getting enough. Maybe all the years of getting more than I should, my body got used to those levels and I might possibly need more of things just for me. (If that makes any sense lol) I need to keep a log because I do forget sometimes and maybe on the days I do forget, this is happening. Being accountable is everything right now.

@Christie13 LOL! That happened to me yesterday! My brother said it sounded like a gun shot hahahahaahah... Whoops!