Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Glad it's over!

1. BelleKreyol
    BelleKreyol
    Hello January Sleevers!

I had my surgery on Fri, Jan 13. I was so nervous. My husband kept me laughing and entertained on the way to the hospital. Our diver picked us up from the hotel and brought us to the hospital. It's a small hospital but clean and fully staffed. I had all my pre-op exams and at 3pm was wheeled into the operating room. My lapband was removed, as well as my gallbladder, and I was also sleeved. The surgeon said my esophagus was stretched and as a result shouldn't expect to lose optimum weight but since I'm not starting off at the higher end of the scale I should do just fine. I am just relieved I took that lapband out before it could do anymore damage. It is now my third day. I will likely be sent home today. The gas pains have been b!tch. But I am walking as much as I can to help with the gas. So far I haven't been able to fart. I really wish I could. My heating blanket is providing a lot of comfort. Not sure if I missed anything. I'll have a blog up when I'm feeling up to it, but for now I need to rest.

Belle
  2. Leslieann
    Leslieann
    Great to hear from you Belle!!! Sounds like your surgery was a success and going through the "normal" postop pains. Keep walking and once you get home the healing will really begin!!

Great news!!
  3. griz9112
    griz9112
    I think it was a good 2 or 3 days before I passed any gas It's also helpful having someone else with you so you do not feel completely alone! Congratulations!
  4. ollina
    ollina
    Glad everything went well!
  5. BelleKreyol
    BelleKreyol
    Thank you guys! My neck is also very sore. I suspect it's from the positioning of the breathing tube. How long can I expect that to go?

Belle