Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Dr. Almanza

1. Andrea Zeeuw
    Andrea Zeeuw
    Im freaking out...Im scared and am booked with Dr. Almanza for January 18th. Is this safe, does he rush and do as many as he can it a day. I have seen some bad coverage on him online...I don't know what to do or what to believe. Should I choose another surgeon or just forget the whole idea......HELP
  2. dianne g
    dianne g
    don't believe everything you read-i found before my surgery with dr Almanza that I got a lot of messages with horror stories-i found out that some of these were people from other companies trying to get me to lose confidence in my choice so id go to their Drs-i did my research very thoroughly on dr almanza and I was confident that he was the dr for me-i had zero problems with my surgery and recovery-i found they went overboard to make sure I was stable to have surgery-so if you felt confident in your decision on who to go to just block these people out-every surgery has risks and every dr gets the occasional complication-good luck
  3. trying2live.right
    trying2live.right
    Don't freak out, the beautiful healthier you is waiting and you don't want to disappoint.
    My experience was wonderful. The nursing staff are trained for a longer period than USA to get licensed. The hospital is simple but modern. I think.people take more risks in the US getting in a cab, a morning solo run, going on a date for first time, walking to their car at night, than going to change their life and get healthy. You can do it.
    My surgery was January 15 2014 and 113 pounds later I am blessed beyond measure.
  4. Vanessa7
    Vanessa7
    I know a few people who had their surgery with Dr Almanza and they had no complications. You will be fine just make sure you follow the guidelines to the T. Stay positive and stay calm so you have a smooth recovery! Very excited for you!
  5. michael95472
    michael95472
    I had a great experience.
  6. Mistersmom
    Mistersmom
    I had no problems whatsoever.
  7. YOLO48
    YOLO48
    No problems and an awesome experience. You have to go with your gut (no pun intended) and do what you think is best for you. All this worrying will only bring on stress that will not put you in a good place for your surgery. If I had it to do again (and I plan not to) I would pick Dr. Almanza every day of the week!
  8. Cyndy-loo
    Cyndy-loo
    One of the best decisions I ever made. Even though I had a lot of negative feedback about getting it done, I don't regret it.
  9. KaneBabie
    KaneBabie
    I too am scheduled with Dr Almanza, Feb 3. I have had my bouts of doubting as well and even people PMing me with the media horror stories. A personal friend of mine had surgery with him and totally reassured me about the Dr and the hospital and the staff. He had NO complications and is doing great. Then again the doubts came creeping in and again, I was reassured by my chiropractor. His wife had the same surgery by Dr Almanza. He called his wife and she told me her story of the trip and surgery, now I am ready as can be for this to take place. I think you will do fine, you just need the support of others as did I.
  10. Andrea Zeeuw
    Andrea Zeeuw
    Thanks for all the positive feedback...I'm staring to calm down. I am excited to have a sleeve done and wish it was tomorrow so the worry can be over with....counting down...
    Please keep sending me positive stories about Dr. Almanza.
    I know 3 people who have gone to him and had no complications. They all live on Vancouver Island where I live.
  11. Andrea Zeeuw
    Andrea Zeeuw
    Who else is booked on January 18th?
  12. tlggirl
    tlggirl
    I had surgery on 12/12/2016 and he was amazing. He has great hands and did an excellent job on my sleeve. Be calm and trust the process. It was a great experience.
  13. jenny53669
    jenny53669
    Meeting Dr. Almanza last night when we got our blood work, and then having my surgery by him today, I can wholeheartedly agree that you shouldn't let a few others unfortunate circumstances or complications worry you. You never know if everyone else followed instructions, or what other coinciding medical conditions they had, or just the small chance of complications with any surgery. When Dr. Almanza introduced himself to our group he said 'my English isn't good but my hands are great. I think he said he's done 5k sleeves so wow! He was extremely nice and in my experience everything has gone great. All of the staff is very nice and helpful. Good luck next week!
  14. theirmomma
    theirmomma
    I have to say it is extremely reassuring to read positive stories about Dr Almanza. He is doing my sleeve 6/20/17.
  15. Shortchicks2
    Shortchicks2
    My daughter and I had the sleeve done by Dr. Almanza 5/23/17. Everyone on staff was so amazing and we made some great friends with other patients as well. We have not had any complications. There will always be negative info out there.... but you have to do what's best for you. I can tell you that my daughter and I had a wonderful experience and all I can say is that I wish I would have done this years ago!
  16. GigiUSA
    GigiUSA
    Shortchicks2, I'm so glad you posted, I have been wondering how you and your daughter are. Glad no complications!!
  17. SomeGuyJeff
    SomeGuyJeff
    one thing to remember - many who get surgery arent just a little overweight -- hoping to get rid of vanity 10 extra pounds. with the extra weight brings health risks and other issues.

i am happy with my choice but know that i couldnt have lost 185 on my own. im glad i had this tool because i am sure i have greatly extended my life. i wish yall the best of luck
  18. Martini
    Martini
    my procedure is for in Oct. this is so helpful at reassuring my nerves even more that i made the right choice in my dr. thanks
  19. Debrainwater
    Debrainwater
    I just recently had my procedure on 8/10 and everything was great. I wish I would have done it sooner. The overall experience was 4 out 5 stars. The only issue we had was the noise from the construction across the street (working until 11PM) and the music from the local establishment (4 AM) We could not sleep. We ended up leaving a day earlier, with the doctors permission. Additionally, the food in the hotel made my husband sick. We made some great friends. The staff at the hotel were fabulous, especially Carlos. The hospital staff did the best they could with the resources they had. The pain medication was not acceptable for the procedure that was given. Be an your advocate and ask to make sure your needs are being meet. Other than that, it was a great experience.
  20. Tita777
    Tita777
    Its so wonderful to hear such positive feed back my surgery with Dr.Almanza is Nov.10 2017 and im so nervous im glad to hear im in good hands...
  21. Nadene17
    Nadene17
    Thank you all for the reassurances - Jan 19th with Dr. Almanza
  22. gbpackerschic
    gbpackerschic
    I will be having Dr. Almanza as well on 3/15/18. I'm worried, but I will go thru with it as... if it's my time to go, then it's my time to go. I am a little worried that there are only 21 posts out of over a few thousand patients?
  23. meme3
    meme3
    To me, this is not the easiest blog to utilize. So if I hadn't seen the post while scrolling I too could have missed it. I had my surgery with Dr. Almonzo on 3/5/18. I am almost ready to take my stiches out and begin the next leg of my journey. Good luck.