Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Stalls

1. elle77
    elle77
    We've all had them. When did you have your first stall? How long did it last? Have you had anymore since surgery? What did you do to get past it?

I had my first stall at 3 weeks. It lasted for almost two weeks. I was going up 6-8 pounds (which I believe was water retention)'
    Then it would go back down and then finallllly I lost 7 pounds.

I'm now currently at a stall. I've been working out more and eating more protein and still... it just sits there. I know it's going to pass, but I would really like it, if it went down a pound or two.

I started a food diary today and I'm staying away from carbs unless I work out. That's the only time i eat them. I tend to get super dizzy if I don't eat them beforehand.
  2. RockyPeaches
    RockyPeaches
    I also had my first stall at 3 weeks (we have the same surgery date too!) My whole weight lose seems to be going slower than a lot of others I see on here. I've been at a stall again for around 2 weeks now, keep going between 246.6-250.0, today I weighed in at 246.2, so hopefully it'll start moving again.
    To get out of the stall, I try to focus on drinking more water, keeping an eating journal, keeping a low net carb, and exercise.
    My step-dad has been coming over for dinner every Friday for the past few weeks, and each time he says I keep getting smaller (And this week I was up 4 pounds from the previous Friday). So, I think that even though it's hard, not to get freaked out about what the scale says. It'll happen if we try our best at doing the right things.
    I do attribute my nearly 4 lb. gain to having some salty foods ( a pickle & some olives) I don't add salt to food, don't cook with salt, so when I do have something salty, my face instantly gets bloated looking. So try to avoid salty foods if you think that could be a factor.
  3. Christie13
    Christie13
    I had one around 3 or 4 weeks and then around the 8 week mark. I actually found that when I stall I'm eating too little. Maybe that's just me but when I eat a bit more I start moving again.
  4. Marian
    Marian
    I don't pay too close attention to my weight. I am one who can easily get obsessed with it, and spend a lot of mental energy on it. I've recently gotten back to working out, which has been great. But yesterday I got extremely exhausted at the gym. I was doing weight lifting and I just felt completely wiped in a way I haven't felt before. It lasted a good half hour too. I think it may have been dehydration: I had had to eat a little before going in, and was having difficulties drinking during the program. Not a nice experience at any rate.

Anyway - working out is known to cause stalls. The muscles retain water and muscles are heavier than fat. If it is an exercise stall, I try to embrace it as evidence that I am doing something good for myself...
  5. janellak
    janellak
    Also had the 3 week stall which sounds pretty normal now after hearing from you guys. While I didn't see the scale moving during this I felt like I was shrinking and my clothes were getting more and more loose. Unfortunately I wasn't measuring myself so not sure if that was in my head or not.

Since then no stall but weight loss has gone down to about a pound a week. I have a feeling there is going to be another stall around the corner but I'm not going to let it derail me. Have to keep logging food, evaluating nutrition at the end of every day, weighing weekly (and no sooner), and keep working out. I just keep saying in my head over and over this is long term. The slower I lose the weight the less excess skin I will have if I continue working out to keep up with it.
  6. elle77
    elle77
    @janellak I feel that way too. I also think that by having a slower weight loss is better so your skin is not as saggy. But we will see. I definitely am losing inches. I used to obsess over the dang scale but not anymore. I was weighing myself every day and going crazy. Some days I would go up 5-6 pounds and then lose 11. It messes with you. It's always good to see I'm not the only one going through things.