Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What's been the most challenging thing for you?

1. Christie13
    Christie13
    For me it is how long it takes to eat and ensuring I'm getting enough protein in.
  2. RockyPeaches
    RockyPeaches
    Drinking enough water and remembering to take prilosec. I forget to drink and end up thinking I'm hungry. I think that's why I'm 7 weeks post-op and down only 24 lbs, I see a lot of people have lost much more in a shorter time span.
  3. elle77
    elle77
    I'm still having issues getting things down but I've learned to accept it and not stress about anything anymore. I'm going with the flow and mainly focusing on water and protein intake. For me the water is most important first and then the protein. I get dehydrated fast. I'm still looking for that perfect balance.
  4. Christie13
    Christie13
    @Rockypeaches I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and also down 24 lbs. I was 187 surgery date. 207 at the start of my 7 months with my doctor/nutritionist. I know what you mean about feeling like you're not losing as fast. Remember we're all different and if we compare ourselves to others we may feel let down. Your body is going to react your way. Just don't let the stress derail you. Remember stalls are common every few weeks.
  5. Christie13
    Christie13
    @Elle77 I hear you. I feel like I have good and bad days. It's still so new. But the most important thing through this all is staying healthy. So that's what helps me chug along. I do better with my water when I'm not at work. And I've found I still need 1-2 protein shakes a day. I am doing the EAS Advant Edge. They're only 100 calories and 15 grams of protein. But I'm not eating much so they're necessary still. Also, I find it easier to get one of those in than 15 grams of some other protein.
  6. janellak
    janellak
    I also am having problems getting enough water per day. Probably the most challenging though is that I've been so busy that when I finally remember I need to eat something I eat too fast. Even something small if eaten to fast won't stay down. I need to really slow down.
  7. Christie13
    Christie13
    I completely relate. I have a job that I can't just eat at my desk. So it's hard. The last few days I've been making sure I drink a shake at my desk during non meal times. It's been helping. One good thing is I'm not craving any bad foods. My husband had a nice bread roll tonight and looking at it did nothing to invoke desire to eat it. And bread used to be my weakness.