Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New Goals for the New You

1. janellak
    janellak
    Hi everyone! I've decided that post surgery will be a new chapter in my life in which I need to set new life goals. I figure now is probably the best time to start!
    So I'm wandering, have you guys thought about new goals? New rules for yourselves to follow to keep up with the new you figure? Here is my list and I might possibly copy some of yours. These are going to be my new rules to live by starting now
    1. No fast food
    2. No soda
    3. Order appetizer or meal at a restaurant, never both
    4. No eating after 8pm
    5. Exercise at a minimum of 2 times per week (hopefully will add more later)
    6. No eating food directly out of the container it comes in (usually ice cream)
    7. If I need to travel 3 stories or less always take the stairs
    8. Walk a little everyday on breaks and lunches at work
    9. No eating mindlessly in the car
    8. Always take at least 20min to eat each meal & at least 5min for each snack
    9. Don't be afraid to leave food on the plate. It's ok to not finish every meal (this one will be hard for me)

What are your new rules to follow? Any new goals for the new you?
  2. Christie13
    Christie13
    I'll post mine tonight.
  3. Christie13
    Christie13
    Man this day flew by. Got off work late and had to make a cake for a potluck and cupcakes for my son. Just now trying to relax. Ok my goals are:
    1. & 2. The same as yours.
    3. Start and complete C25K program.
    4. Sign up and run a 5K by April.
    5. Compete in a half marathon by December.
    6. Always eat meat and veggies first.
    7. Wait 10 minutes after having meat and veggies before allowing myself fruit or bread. Not both.
    8. Exercise 4x a week.
    9. Track weight weekly. Be accountable any time my weight goes up and adjust diet accordingly.
    10. No mindless grazing.
  4. janellak
    janellak
    I love the thought that went into yours Christie. I think I'm also going to steal a few of yours. Thanks
  5. Christie13
    Christie13
    Aw thanks! I like yours too! I think one super important one for me is that as soon as I see some weight gain I need to do something to get back on track. I know that's how I got to this point. By ignoring the gain until it was out of control. Freaking denial. But I'm really, really wanting to do a half marathon and eventually a full one! But I'm thinking 2018 for a marathon.