Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How's everyone doing so far?

1. RockyPeaches
    RockyPeaches
    Hi,
    How's everyone doing? I had my surgery on 11-2-16 and just wanted to see how everyone is doing since the month has ended.

As for myself, I'm on regular food now (so far can't tolerate white rice, that comes back up) I'm following low carb, not a bread/pasta/grain eater, so I don't know how that would go down. I have already had beef jerky and biltong (African style jerky), turkey bacon, roasted chicken, and meat cooked at 170 degrees, all was fine. Also egg white, shredded cheese, kale (finely chopped). I haven't tried any fruit other than an ounce of frozen banana daily in my shake (1oz = about 1/4 a banana)
    What are you up to eating wise, and have you found you don't tolerate any foods?

Vitamins: I only take liquid vitamins: B12, D3, multi, and 1-2 prilesec daily (it really does help with hunger) I just bought an Iron today.
    What vitamins do you take?

Is anyone else always exhausted? I take naps almost daily, and I'm not usually a napper.

I do find myself hungry, though it's mouth hunger and stomach acid I think, since the prilesec seems to subdue it. I try to stay within 600-800 calories daily. (One day I did rack up 1200, though it was mostly calories from protein)

Today is my 1 month. Surgery weight was 273, today I am 256.6, down 16.4 lbs. I exercise daily, either taking walks, playing tennis, riding a recumbent bike. There is also a mini trampoline on the way. (Kohls has good deals on exercise equipment, got the bike there too)

I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to your responses
    God bless.
  2. Marian
    Marian
    I am on the last couple of days of the liquid diet. Twelve days post surgery I have gotten antacids against the wicked heartburn I was suffering, and it improves daily. I have no appetite for anything that I am allowed to eat, and feeding is such a struggle. I force down the nutritional drink, some yogurt and milk. Since the food invariably makes me feel bad, I never want to eat the same thing again.
    I have not gotten back to exercising. I lack energy and will be exhausted after a trip to the store or walking the dog. I'm also very emotionally unstable, so it's kinda rough for me. Looking forward to trying some more real foods over the weekend, but I also feel quite apprehensive. I would love to hear about how other people experienced the transitions to soft foods.
  3. Jeanne Loves the Sun
    Jeanne Loves the Sun
    Hi to all,
    This is my first post. I was sleeved on 11/28 and this is my 1 week post op. I too am exhausted because I can't make it through the night sleeping. Having an allergic reaction to benzoin and steri strips. I'm living on Benadryl and cortisone cream . I wake up with crazy terrible itching!😩 I'm on puréed/mushy food and though I want to eat it, after 2 tbsp. I just can't handle anymore BUT I still feel hungry and get hangry. I'm an emotional roller coaster and have a good cry every day. All I've managed to do is walk, grocery shop, and one Target run. I feel quite weak at times too. Does anyone else get that? I am doing well with fluids though 64 oz is more than I want to consume. I'm happy with 50 oz at this point and I'm peeing plenty.
    Does anyone get these big painful waves that only last a couple of seconds in their epigastric area? Those hurt. It's almost like a stomach spasm or gas passing through but it's not intestinal. Its not associated with eating or drinking. I do take a PPI (protonix) as I have chronic reflux. It does seem better since surgery.
    I'm still cooking for my family and I WANT WHAT THEY ARE EATING IN A BIG BAD WAY! This is soooooo hard. I feel hungrier than I thought I would too?! My grehlin better have been cut out. I'm willing to give it more time and hope my body will adjust.
    I'm hoping for a better, more productive week cuz Christmas is just around the corner.
  4. Christie13
    Christie13
    Hey all. I was sleeved 11/3. I am on real food now. I still can't eat more than 2-3 tbs. Attempting to eat my protein is difficult. Takes me forever to get through a "meal". I managed a pouch of kids tuna today for lunch. It took my full 35 minute lunch break. It was a small pouch but it felt like a victory. I'm feeling pretty happy with my results so far. I'm at 17.5 lbs lost so far. I've kinda plateaued this week. I keep reading the 4 week plateau is normal. I am also getting the acid causing occasional false hunger. I've begun taking Prilosec as well. I have found that when I get this feeling a small bite of a protein bar helps as well. As for energy, I feel great. I think it's my vitamin regimen. I take a Bariatric Advantage multi vitamin, a B12 gummy vitamin 2x a day, 10,000 mg of biotin (help prevent hair loss), and a calcium chew (also by Bariatric Advantage). I've also had issues with constipation. I've started taking a stool softener to help with that. I'm really glad I had the surgery. And very excited about what the future will bring.
  5. elle77
    elle77
    I had my surgery on November 2nd. I'm supposed to be on solid foods now but everytime I try to eat anything I can't. I'm just sticking to soft stuff and liquids still. I ended up getting sick for two weeks so I think that had something to do with it. Highest weight ever was 326. 288 was my weight in June when I started classes. 272 day of surgery and I now weigh 243. I had major heartburn problems in the beginning. I'm still trying to get my daily water and protein in. I have the false hunger too but the Prilosec helps that. I go to the gym 4-6 times a week and if I can't make it I use weights at home or try and do something to keep moving. In the beginning my weight would go up and down 6 pounds and I thought I had failed but it just does that and I've learned to not weigh myself every day anymore. I was driving myself crazy! I had two cycles in one month and it was horrible! Anyone else have this issue? With all the ups and downs this is the best decision I ever made! I just wish I would have done it sooner.
  6. Christie13
    Christie13
    Yes. I also kept debating before I finally got brave and made my consult appointment. But now I'm sooo happy I finally did it. The solids fill you up way faster than the liquids and soft foods. So it is easy to eat too much and feel sick. It is literally 2. Bites of food. That being said, it takes more planning to get in enough protein. Are you taking the daily Prilosec pills? And did you get those from your doctor or can you find them OTC?
  7. janellak
    janellak
    I was sleeved 11/21 and I feel great! I love my sleeve. My weight loss slowed for a bit but is picking back up now. I'm on soft foods and everything goes down well as long as I take my time. When I rush I do throw up. I have also been cooking for my family, I just eat a modified version of what they eat. Example: last night I made black bean enchiladas, I took some stuffing aside & mashed it extra & ate that without the tortilla. So good after just liquids for so long. While I'm not losing as much weight now as in the beginning my clothes are getting very loose and going to have to shop for smaller sizes soon. When I'm not eating I don't notice any difference from before other than a general lack of energy. No pain I just feel tired a lot but a small price to pay and I'm sure as I can eat more foods with more nutrients, that will get better. I did have a SERIOUS problem with constipation a few days ago but Miralax & Milk of Magnesia fixed that issue. Now there is no problem.
    I honestly have never been a fan of working out. It's more uncomfortable when you have extra weight & I am so self conscious. I have healed enough where I need to start exercising though and probably soon. Might help with my energy level too.
  8. Christie13
    Christie13
    @janellak What is your vitamin regimen like? Are you taking B12?
  9. elle77
    elle77
    @Christie13 the Prilosec was prescribed from my Dr. They didn't give you any heartburn medication after surgery?
    I'm still having issues with the constipation if I don't go in three days then I take a pill otherwise I just go with it and try to hopefully go on my own.