Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Self doubt

1. Mrs_Wine
    Mrs_Wine
    I have not posted anywhere on social media about my weight loss or surgery, the pictures that I was tagged in have always been from the waist up. So.... Yesterday, I visited with a cousin who I grew up with and haven't seen in years, we are 6 months apart and were always more like siblings. A bunch of pictures got on Facebook and one of them was of me full length from head to toe. I got lots of compliments, which I wasn't expecting and honestly didn't want (I get really embarrassed) and tons of private messages about my weight loss. I have been feeling very weird today, I am not done losing weight and I struggle every day. I don't want people to think that this was an easy way out for me. I work out every day and watch my food intake. I am rambling on I know but I am just feeling odd today. Blah blah blah
  2. jmlrlusko
    jmlrlusko
    I was sleeved on 5/16/16 and have not posted anything regarding surgery or weight loss so when I see people and they comment or ask I just tell them I have been focusing on healthy eating and working out. You don't have to tell them about the surgery if you choose not to. I have talked to a few about it because I think it will help them and I tell them it is only a tool to help me lose the weight and I still have to work hard at the eating and working out.
  3. Pam G
    Pam G
    I don't tell people about the sleeve, well, I've told a couple of people for the same reason as jmlrlusko...it would help them.

I just say that I eat very little, and avoid bread/rice/pasta/potatoes/sugars like the plaque! And that's not a lie!