Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I fell off the wagon!

1. BladeFox
    BladeFox
    Hello this is Bladefox your host.

With deepest regret, I must report that I have fallen and having the toughest time getting back up. One good thing is that I am still wearing the same size that I did 3 years ago, yet, I am beginning to think that I should have opted for the bypass surgery instead. My arms are flapping in the wind, my middle section is lumpy and dumpy and the rolls on my back are ridiculous!!! I graze on things that are easy to digest and have made a habit of it to the point that I would prefer to eat that than good foods just to get things down and keep them down. Occasionally, I throw up when I eat something with too much oil in it or if the meats or veggies don't digest OR if I didn't chew them up good enough. That Ole' FAT person that lives within my brain keeps telling me that I will always be fat and pictures - whew - who wants to take that because all I see is her.

I have recently purchased yet another weight loss book so that I can try and whittle away those pounds that never came off and where I left off, still needing to lose 80 lbs. I got cute, gained some weight and stopped doing what was necessary to do. I believe the sleeve is the same because I can't eat like I used to, so maybe I need to do the 5-day pouch test to restart the process. What do you think, will this work???? Really need help here...
  2. brooke925
    brooke925
    I feel off the wagon a while back, but what I can tell you is that it wasn't the first time and it won't be my last time. All you can do is pick yourself up and start over. I have drove myself crazy thinking about my weight. I have missed so many Christmas dinners, birthday parties, special occasions with friends and family because I didn't want to be seen or worst, get caught up in some group photo. You have acknowledged that your eating habits are out of control and now it's time to get a plan of action. I (like a lot of people) thought this diet would fix my weight problem, but it only made it easy for a little while and then you are on your on to decide if you are going to utilize the skills that you have learned to maintain the weight lost. You know what you should be doing... You know what you should and should not be eating... You are responsible for EVERYTHING that you put into your mouth. I love, love, love junk food! I am the #1 Junk Food Junkie, Foodholic, Carboholic, and Snackoholic. I would love it if I could sit around and eat that stuff everyday, but I can't... I can't! I can't! I can't! and you can't! YOU CAN'T! YOU CAN'T! YOU CAN'T! You just simply can not eat this way and expect to lose any weight. You have to plan your meals, prepare your meals and take your meals along with you, you have to sometimes eat nutritional foods that you do not want to eat to get the protein that your body needs, you have to pass on a lot of foods that aren't sugar free or made with a sugar substitute. You have to pass on foods that are high in fats and carbohydrates.

I've done a lot of soul searching and now that I am a size 12... Hello! I am a size 12!!! The surgery totally got me here... I really didn't have to do much in the months following surgery but get my protein and water in. All I prayed for is to get here (size 12) one last time and I swore to myself that if I could see this size again, I would NEVER... EVER again lose focus and forget how being this size feel. The feeling I have is worth passing on all the crap that I use to eat. It's so worth it Bladefox! I know you can remember this feeling too! However long ago it has been, I know you still remember! lol!

After you do some soul searching, please make a decision and decide if you are going to go left or right... up or down... decide if you are determined to feel good for the rest of your life or if you are going to continue to back-slide. I have been climbing the same hill since 1991, now that I am 43 years old, I know that my metabolism has slowed down... I know that menopause is knocking on my door and I know that I'm NOT willing to do a ton of exercise to lose weight, so I really have to make this sleeve work. I don't want to go back into hiding and trying to avoid people. The sleeved helped me to get here, just as it was designed to do, but now it's up to me to pull through and do what I am suppose to do. Nobody or no doctor can do it for us and it is solely up to us to take care of our bodies or our bodies will react in a negative way. I don't know about you, but I DID NOT go through this crazy surgery just to sit my fat ass in front of yet another tv episode and eat Cheetos, chocolate, and butter pecan ice cream (these are my absolute favorite junk foods).

Anyway, catch yourself and pick yourself up before it's too late! You've had the surgery and now it's time that you step up and make it happen. My personal advice to you is to start the induction stage of Atkins since you are familiar with it. I love the Atkins diet. I did it for years and I am currently monitoring my sister while she is on it. Choose your meats wisely and make sure you measure your vegetables. Stop all food intake at 8pm, drink water like your life depends on it(because it really does) and if you get hungry after 8pm, only have an egg just to kill the hunger pains. Exercise whenever you can. I try to get in at least 2hours a week. This is what I do... (Mon-Fri. broken up into 10, 20, 30mins during the day to equal 2 hours a week) but shamefully, I don't always get that in. I know The Atkins diet like I know my name and it is an excellent diet to start if you need to stroke your ego. lol! But girl, you can do this if you put your mind to it. After I had the surgery, I was hoping that life would be easy breezy, but unfortunately, it's not. It's not harder, but it is tedious... but tedious because I am still mentally resistant when it comes to wanting to "have my cake and eat it too". I want to eat what I love eating, but at the same time, I want to be a size 12... I can't tell you how long I've been trying to get back to a size 12. It is the perfect size for my height. So, now that I am here, I have to really weigh my two options of having the junk foods that I absolutely love or staying the size that I am... I have come to the conclusion that nothing taste better (to me) than the feeling I get being able to wear my size 12... NOTHING girl! Whatever your ideal size is, just go for it and let nothing or no one stand in your way!

I wish you much success with your sleeve and once you make up your mind... you will get where you are trying to go, but you have to make up your mind and commit to it. I'm here if you need me. I don't come on here often... only when I get notification that someone has posted, but my personal email address is: mandie.barnette@yahoo.com. Take care and get started immediately. Don't let this surgery go to waste. This is your 2nd chance to get it right and I would hate to see you to fall back into bad habits and swindle it away. Always remember to: EAT TO LIVE AND NOT LIVE TO EAT. Take Care.
  3. griffyndor
    griffyndor
    Hey there. I'm having my surgery in two weeks. I wish for it to be a magic pill that I can just not think about while the weight falls off but I've got 200# to drop so I know that won't be the case. It's going to be all about resetting my norms. I can't eat a box of Swiss Rolls, or gorge on Dim Sum because that will set me up for failure so I've got to create a new mindset of eating for my health, for fuel, and for a long life so that I can see grandkids and maybe even great grands in the future. I don't want to be miserable and frail like my mom. That means things are changing.

As far as the full bypass...I've got a coworker who had hers about five years ago. She can eat! She has dumping so she doesn't do much sugar but her plates get loaded at the potlucks. I assume her pouch has stretched or something. She's doing a reset with me while I am on my pre-op. I guess my point is that the tool doesn't matter. It is all about the follow through and if you want this, take it! You can do this! Protien, water, vegetables and fruit. Easy peasy, right? Also, take it a # at a time and a day at a time. The changes aren't going to happen right away.
  4. azapolya
    azapolya
    Hello! I'm sorry, I can't give advice about life after the sleeve and falling off the wagon. I haven't gotten my sleeve yet - I'm still in the decision making process, but I do know that I have some pretty strong food addictions that I most likely won't be able to break without the help of a counselor or therapist and plan to find one to help me work through all of my own personal baggage. Have you tried talking to a therapist to help you work through whatever is holding you back? You are WORTH it to try and figure out what's holding you back and keeping you from losing the rest of your weight and preventing you from putting weight back on.

Best of luck to you!!