Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

BMI chart Sucks!

1. werlmc02
    werlmc02
    Seriously... who made that thing? I weigh 360 and I am 5'7. My frame is large and I have large breast and a huge stomach. According to that chart... I should weigh 145lbs!!!!! What? Are you outside your mind. First, I don't think that is healthy and second I have never weighed 145lbs. I what to be healthy and active and able to do things people my age do.
  2. Chris Lorenz
    Chris Lorenz
    I know I am also 5'7 and my doc says 170 is where I need to be and you know I can already feel my bones in my wrists and hips it is just my stomach and butt area that have most the fat in them so I am thinking if I get to 170 I will be looking like a poster child for feed the hungry. I am currently 322 and would like to be 200 but if I have some muscle hiding under this fat then with toning and stuff 215 will be okay. But the BMI chart is just a reference. To truly see what you fat percent is they have a device that looks like a large caliper that determines the fat level in areas of your body, some gyms use them.
  3. werlmc02
    werlmc02
    I know right?! I have been working out at the gym to gain stamina and muscle and it has help so much. There scale does weigh body fat, and slowly... mine is going down. I think that is a much better indicator of heath than a scale measuring pounds.
  4. Foxie
    Foxie
    BMI is a load of crap, I am with you all, if I was to weigh what the stupid chart says I would be accused of being anorexic.. seriously this needs to be updated to take into consideration, build, muscle mass and frame... sooo archaic
  5. Foxie
    Foxie
    sorry double entry! removed.
  6. Sonia
    Sonia
    If I followed that BMI Chart I'd look like a drug addict and my family may try to attempt an 'Intervention'.
    Everyone has different body shapes and cultures. I want to have a womans body; hips, breast, butt and some thighs. Not too big but NOT BMI small... ewww!
  7. big-daddy of 10
    big-daddy of 10
    im so glad all of you hate that chart im 6'5 342 and it says i should be between 156-200..lmao it does not take into count muscle mass and bone my good dr. did some checking and said i shouldnt go under 250 are i will start losing muscle mass.
  8. shelleyssweets
    shelleyssweets
    Im 3 months away from surgery and its so nice to know that there are others that dont like the BMI chart! Im thankful I have an understanding Dr....I told him, "Im a woman, Im supposed to have some curves!"
  9. big-daddy of 10
    big-daddy of 10
    Firts off your right curves are a +++ bmo chart are for stick figures. Real women have curves...