Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgeons in the Phoenix Area

1. Picasso Pink
    Picasso Pink
    Hi! I've just recently made the decision to have weight loss surgery. Does anyone have any recommendations for surgeons in the Phoenix-area? Specifically the east valley? I'm terrified of post-op complications and I'm curious to know what went well and what went horribly wrong for those of you who have had the surgery.

I had my first meeting with surgeon a few weeks ago and when I brought up my concern about possible complications either during or after the surgery he kind of blew it off and just said "well, we won't worry about that." But I AM worried about it . . .
  2. gigi67
    gigi67
    I am going through Mayo to have mine done. But I have seen that a few have had theirs at Banner or Scottsdale Healthcare.
  3. Picasso Pink
    Picasso Pink
    I'm thinking of having mine done at Banner. How did you come across the folks who have used banner? I'm hoping to get some feedback on what their experiences have been like pre and post op?
  4. CrazyGummyChick
    CrazyGummyChick
    I went to Weight Loss Institute of Arizona and my surgeon was Dr. DeBarros. They seem to be very good with the whole process. They walk you through each step, one step at a time. This is all they do so they are familiar with it and are very helpful. I was going to go to Banner Estrella but for some reason when I got the final approval from Cigna they sent me over to Tempe St. Lukes. The interesting thing about Tempe St Lukes was that they have some program where they give you a discount on your co pays. I was expected to pay a total of $1000 and they only charged me $750. I was very pleased with that. Tempe St. Lukes is a small hospital but they treated me good there. Good Luck with your process.
  5. brightnessofhope
    brightnessofhope
    Did Debarros do your sleeve? Did he try to push you towards lap- band? That was how I felt when I met with him.
  6. ready4results
    ready4results
    i am meeting with Terry Simpson, but i have the lapband through true results, which didn't work, but just found out that same doctor that placed my lapband in also does "the sleeve"....ugh torn!!! hey trying to join the phx group and unsuccessful..help...
  7. longingfortall
    longingfortall
    I am going thru banner gateway in east Gilbert. At highly and the 60. They have a great support group and meet often. You can go to the website and see the support group meetings they have it doesn't matter if you have your surgery there or not. They want people to know they is support for you there. I heard recently they are working on a group for the west side of Phoenix. My surgeon is Dr David Podkameni
  8. mommyofboys
    mommyofboys
    Im going through True Results and getting the sleeve on the 26th. I have Aetna and they have a policy written for this procedure so i was excited when the process was long but easy.