Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Weight Stalls and Gastrointestinal Issues

1. Shirl
    Shirl
    Hello, May Sleeve Sisters and Brothers!

Last ten days I went through a weird 0.5lbs loss, stall, 3lbs regain and 4.5lbs loss. I had been feeling bloated and got "backed up" pretty bad, and I started wondering if it was the cause of stall and regain.

Pre-sleeved I would eat a lot of fermented foods. I even made my own kombucha and kefir drinks. I would let oats ferment for a few days and add to smoothies. I never had "irregularity" issues so I started looking up probiotics and prebiotics again. I wonder when it will be safe to start eating fermented foods again???

This morning I received an article in a newsletter I subscribe to in regards to following a Paleo Diet. I found it extremely helpful. Check out the article:

Do Gut Microbes Control Your Food Cravings? http://chriskresser.com/do-gut-micro...food-cravings/

I went and bought the 5-Day Max Care RAW Probiotic Powder to repopulate my gut with good bacteria, and I also got some Bromelain and Papain capsules (if you follow link scroll down to bromelain and papain) to help me digest the protein, last week I started reaching 90-100g of protein, I am not sure if that was what caused the bloating and irregularity.

I am going to see if these products will help with the bloating and constipation I just seem to keep experiencing and help the stall along.
  2. Pam G
    Pam G
    I've been stalled for 4 weeks now, with a 4 lb gain! No constipation issues, but def retaining fluids. I was taking an enzyme tablet pre surgery, but it's too big to swallow now, but it has the enzymes you mentioned plus others....it was great! Took most of my tummy pain away (which was one of the reasons I wanted the sleeve....stomach pain)

BTW, my MIL has been touting "good bacteria" for 30 yrs!
  3. Shirl
    Shirl
    I took my first doze of the 5-day probiotic powder early this morning on an empty stomach within a half a hour I was "emptying," I went again about two hours later. Kindo feeling like going again lol!

I hope this truly helps I'm don't want to be depending on Fleet suppositories. I don't know what kind of damage they cause after prolonged use.

I got the capsules and I'm able to sprinkle powder into water.

Do the 5-day probiotic cleanse with me ✨ :-)