Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

sleeve with Almanza on 1/4/16 help!!

1. RN01
    RN01
    any feedback good or bad much appreciated.
  2. Leslie L.
    Leslie L.
    Best decision I ever made. Was sleeved March 2015 down 75 lbs. No complications!
  3. RN01
    RN01
    Thank you so much. I'm a registered nurse and super nervous to go down there.
  4. Tray9112
    Tray9112
    I was sleeved November 16. He did a great job also had galbater removed.
  5. PennyV
    PennyV
    Sleeved 4/18/15. Down 99 pounds. Went from size 22 to 12. No complications at all I take vitamins and eat food prepared at home (not fast food). Didn't see much of the dr but he did a good job. I felt well enough to go shopping while I was there. They take care of you.
  6. madrake72
    madrake72
    I had surgery March 15. Best decision of my life. I am down 91 lbs and Workout 5 days a week and stay on a clean diet. I had an awesome experience with Dr. Almanza and his team. I had very little pain and no complications. Just nausea from the anthesthia woke up. My advice would be do not go expecting a five star hotel or hospital. It is very clean and I had great care it's just not as updated as hospitals in the states. Also, try to get up and walk as soon as possible and do lots of walking. Good luck to you!!
  7. turtlewoman68
    turtlewoman68
    I have concerns also but, just gonna do it! Scheduled 1/26! Eating healthier than ever and just not losing- thanks menopause! Hormones screw a woman's whole life up, I swear! I want to finish my bucket list not end up in the bucket!

I'm a RN and taking my bestie also a RN with me! Have her durable power of attorney and Healthcare proxy! Checked us in with State Department also- yeah a little paranoid!

My biggest concern is a leak or infection! I've traveled and done medical work in various places. If those people can survive those medical conditions, I can also!

Not expecting resort accommodations but clean and good care then good deal!

Best of luck! Update me if you would please since your going before me! Maybe someone on here will be there at the same time for you!
  8. tashakelson
    tashakelson
    I was sleeved 2/24/15...I've lost 80 lbs and have already reached my goal weight before my year anniversary!!! Absolutely zero complications as long as you do your part! I documented my entire experience as it was happening on my page under visitors messages...you can read all about it...just go to the last page and start there!!! Best Wishes for you...it was the best thing I did for myself
  9. SoReady4Change
    SoReady4Change
    I had my surgery 6/4 and was glad I did. In fact, I wished I had done this two years ago. His staff was great not too mention I met someone that I now keep in contact with and we keep each other encourage. I wish you well.
  10. rurald
    rurald
    Having the sleeve done by Dr. Almanza on January 25, 2016 and I'm sure glad to have found this forum with positive information and feedback.
  11. jmarsh
    jmarsh
    Anybody having surgery on Jan 25th
  12. Ash1021
    Ash1021
    Anyone have any tips or things they wished they have known ahead of time, or wished they had brought to Mexico with them? I am having surgery with Dr. Almanza July 27th, 2016! The hotel is nice and clean? Outside around the hotel nice enough for my Parents to go get something to eat, since they are accompanying me.
  13. tdarnold
    tdarnold
    Had mine in December 2015 was nice hotel restaurants close by very nice would go back.
  14. LadyLitteRock
    LadyLitteRock
    The hotel is nice, I went with the hubby. Plenty of places for the family to eat, including in the hotel. Brought everything on the list. Sleeved Aug 17, 2015 down 92 lbs. Lowest weight 139, keep bouncing from 139-141. Good luck and best wishes
  15. barbaradear1
    barbaradear1
    I am currently thinking about getting the sleeve, possibly in August 2016. I am super nervous about the fact it is in Mexico and I may have to go by myself. Can anyone tell me how the pain was or how their trip back went?