Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Thanks God for this group!

1. Rita89
    Rita89
    I accidentally saw this group !! Wow how nice is it to meet other Believers
  2. MrsDeLaCruz2020
    MrsDeLaCruz2020
    God bless!! My name is lauren! I got my Sleeve in 2013, I lost 100 pounds but fell offrom the wagon so to speak... I gain 30 pounds in 2015...! It's scary to see how easy it is to slip back into old habits. It's true spiritually and in the physical... don't open the door to the enemy cause He will come in and take advantage. .. well with Carbs too! Don't start eating the carbs again cause they will take over your body! But With GOD... I am getting back on track! I'm feeling good and seeking God's help in everything I do!! How is your weight-loss journey going??

God bless u!!
    LAUREN D.
  3. usarmy
    usarmy
    Please continue to give advice i'm just 5 months out and feel like a failure. I am a pastor's wife and i should know better but this forum is diffintely for me. I can tell others who are in the same boat how i feel without feeling like i'm letting my congregation down I have 28 more pounds to go and i'm struggling with happy, depress, people telling me no more weight lost, you look nice, more attention and lost friends. This can be a head game if it was not for the word that say's He(Jesus) will keep us in perfect piece whoes mine is stayed on him. Love this forum.
  4. Jacobcat
    Jacobcat
    I'm so glad I saw this post...I was sleeved in September 2014 and got my weight down to 143...I was very happy but got a bit sloppy...then a lot of emotional things happened starting with Christmas and family and now I'm up 15 pounds eating junk instead of the good stuff...I'm so disappointed in myself...I know that I'm not honouring the gift God gave me in this surgery and I'm trying to get straightened out...at least now I have realized that my trigger for eating is rejection...it is so true...they can change out stomach but not our head...
  5. Renee N.
    Renee N.
    Hey, best advice I could ever give anyone is to not be too hard on yourself. We can all get in our own way. I had my sleeve in Dec 2014 and I've lost about 85lbs and am finally in a "normal" body mass index. (I didn't have as much to loose though.) Gained 5lbs over the holidays (too many goodies), and now am just working on maintaining (if it comes off it comes off again) and getting myself in as best a place as I can physically. I have a mobility impairment though so exercise can be challenging. We all got to remember to walk this journey one day at a time.
  6. tina833
    tina833
    I'm so happy to find this group. I've just started my journey and only God can bring me real peace. I'm glad to meet some of His hands and feet.
  7. Singing4MyJesus
    Singing4MyJesus
    I am thankful to find this group! I am not sleeved yet, but may find out what my date is this coming Tuesday. I have to think of this as a tool, I will definitely need to work on my thoughts and my emotions. You know capture those thoughts that are not healthy and cast them out. I know it won't be easy but the Word says "I can do all things through Christ Jesus Who strengthens me." Phil 4:13 The Lord has been telling me for 5 or so years to get healthy and that meant losing weight. I have changed my eating habits a lot since then, I have tried several tools, but still struggle. This is the last tool in my tool kit and definitely the most radical. These times are crazy and I want to be ready for whatever comes. I've been praying a lot about this.

Father, I so thank You for showing me this group that I get to be a part of in this weight loss journey. I thank You that You are with each of us during this journey and that You never leave us nor forsake us. I am thankful for how You are working in each of us and how You will continue to work in us as we go down this path. Thank You for keeping our minds stayed on You and not focused on the food we miss! Lord, thank You for giving us creativity in our food choices and in our cooking. I thank You for lots of joy in this journey even through the times that are tough. In this, we will give you all the glory. We love You Lord! In Jesus name I pray!
  8. Leademo
    Leademo
    Hello to all my fellow believer's, I too am glad I came upon this group. I was looking for not just a mental support but also a spiritual one, where I can heal (and help heal) mind, body and soul...the whole package.
    I had my surgery on 6/9/16 and I am on my second week out. So far everything is well except one spot on my right side that is so painful still that I have to lay down and rest. I will be calling the Dr. on Monday but I have already taken it to Christ and prayed over it. I didn't get off to the right start in how to eat and drink or when to eat and drink so I think I am behind a little. Not to worry though, only the second week and I can already tell in my clothes that I am losing inches.
    On an everyday basis I care for my elderly mother (87) and three grandchildren (11,7,2). My husband helps when he is not working but during the day I care for them. My eleven yr old granddaughter helps with her great grandmother as much as possible( I would be lost without her). Anyway, through it all, I prayed over the surgery, God opened doors, and all will be good.
    I just need to get on the right track of eating and drinking like I should. I will be in prayer for each of you because this is a lifelong journey that we have to live with Jesus and for Jesus. No matter what people say, we just have to have peace within ourselves, the peace that surpasses any understanding. Thank you singing4myJesus for your prayer.