Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Simethicone (gas X)

1. Pam G
    Pam G
    Why do people use gas X after surgery?

It's for gas in the intestinal tract, but the gas we have after surgery is in the body cavity, not in the gi tract.

Is it all in our heads that gas X helps relieve the CO2 gas they put in our abdominal cavity? Or does it work in some other way?
  2. Beautiful
    Beautiful
    Pam G most of the time the gas-x upsets your tummy ,the only way to get relief is to walk it off.
  3. turtlewoman68
    turtlewoman68
    Being a nurse, working in the OR, I thought the same thing! But it was like 2 days after and I thought something was wrong! It hurt, I was miserable and it was ALL gas stuck in the sleeve!

I ate and dissolved several doses!

The gas everyone talks about isn't the CO2 gas! I don't know if we swallow more air or just the fresh wound. Do not try carbonated beverages! Can't believe how much stretch is in our old stomachs! I love kombucha but didn't think about it having some carbonation- granted my own kombucha isn't very fizzy- I bought one! 2 sips and I was miserable, haven't gotten the nerve up to even brew my own anymore!

Good luck!
  4. KariVSG
    KariVSG
    I havent had surgery yet but i have already bought the thin strips of the gasX .
    Luv Kari